1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (60 in total)
  1. #41 / 1197
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You all are probably using the Native player, right?   Looks fine in Flash.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

2. #42 / 1197
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah, think that was mentioned in OP

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #43 / 1197
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I wasn't able to join one of the two new boards on time, so I created one myself, come join if you can:

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/438791

4. #44 / 1197
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It also renders differently on different browsers.  Chrome shows me faint, but visible borders. On firefox they are missing completely, and neighboring territories blur together.  Flash player in either looks fine.  I think M57 is a mac user?  Maybe it renders ok on macs.

Tom let me fix Battle for New York when it had basically the same problem.

The best way to fix it, is to use dual layers, because then it renders the same on flash or native.  But that is more work than just drawing a 2 pixel border over all the single pixel ones.

>it's not a broken board...

It's certainly playable, and when I really care I load it up in flash.  It's not a critical fix, but I figured M57 seems like the sort that might want to know about it.

5. #45 / 1197
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I play on macs and PCs, using Safari and Chrome, and the Flash Player always looks great. It's the Native Player that's the problem.  It doesn't respect certain pixel configurations for fills and apparently has some fill 'offset' issues. As a designer, I can't say I'm a huge fan of how it looks either.  The one exception is my Waterloo board, which I think looks stunning on the Native.

6. #46 / 1197
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

It also renders differently on different browsers.  Chrome shows me faint, but visible borders. On firefox they are missing completely, and neighboring territories blur together.  Flash player in either looks fine.  I think M57 is a mac user?  Maybe it renders ok on macs.

Tom let me fix Battle for New York when it had basically the same problem.

The best way to fix it, is to use dual layers, because then it renders the same on flash or native.  But that is more work than just drawing a 2 pixel border over all the single pixel ones.

>it's not a broken board...

It's certainly playable, and when I really care I load it up in flash.  It's not a critical fix, but I figured M57 seems like the sort that might want to know about it.

Regarding fixing KoTM, it's a consideration.  I wouldn't think of it if it was a dual layer board - those extra fill pixels would ruin the look - or require a lot of work fixing the top layer to cover them.  I'm pretty sure I don't have the original files, so I'd have to download and fix.  Maybe this summer when I have some spare time..

7. #47 / 1197
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

OK - as much as  I like King of the Mountain and have not had any display issues with it I think there are many other much more neglected boards out there.  I fairly regularly have a KoTM game going - including two big ones back to back so I am not eager to join another right now.

A truly neglected board is Slasher

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Slasher

There have only been 23 open games on it since it's creation in 2009 - of which I have lost two of them.  

Fun theme, good graphics, abandonment on, light fog - give it a shot.

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/438987

Edited Thu 7th May 20:09 [history]

8. #48 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Chele Nica wrote:

I wasn't able to join one of the two new boards on time, so I created one myself, come join if you can:

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/438791

Hey Chele Nica, I'm already in two so I have my hands full. Thanks for making one though, I'm sure others will join.

9. #49 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

OK - as much as  I like King of the Mountain and have not had any display issues with it I think there are many other much more neglected boards out there.  I fairly regularly have a KoTM game going - including two big ones back to back so I am not eager to join another right now.

A truly neglected board is Slasher

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Slasher

There have only been 23 open games on it since it's creation in 2009 - of which I have lost two of them.  

Fun theme, good graphics, abandonment on, light fog - give it a shot.

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/438987

Although there are a lot of other boards more neglected than KotM, that doesn't make it a bad candidate for this group. It is a classic from the old site and this could help it become a regular selection next to antastica and civil war.

Thanks though for letting us in on Slasher. It would help if the group did not become dissipated. If everyone starts posting their board of choice none of them would really be highlighted. I am open to suggestions though.

Edited Fri 8th May 11:30 [history]

10. #50 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Never mind Chele, I'm joining your game anyways. Looks like I'm going to be a KotM pro by the end of this.

11. #51 / 1197
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I deleted the firrst game i created, and did instead a 4 player daily heavy fog. I'm on my phone, and don't know how to copy and paste a link, but we have 2 spaces left for those interested

12. #52 / 1197
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If we get enough people in the BRG, maybe we could do tournaments instead of public games?  I'm probably going to lose a lot of these games, and I'd rather it affect my tournament ranking.  (Even better would be unranked public games, but not sure when/if that will ever happen).

Edited Fri 8th May 12:48 [history]

13. #53 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah I feel you there. We did start a lot of games this month. I would be up for tournaments in the future. Hopefully limiting yourself to just one a month won't be too bad, and if you need to sit one out then there's nothing wrong with that. 

I do like the public games though since they get the most exposure from the community. I'm totally fine with joining one or two games a month, since I'm just here for the ride.

14. #54 / 1197
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I deleted the firrst game i created, and did instead a 4 player daily heavy fog. I'm on my phone, and don't know how to copy and paste a link, but we have 2 spaces left for those interested

15. #55 / 1197
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Back at my computer, here's the link to the game: http://www.wargear.net/games/join/439075

16. #56 / 1197
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I had just been thinking of suggesting tournaments for this group, glad to hear others like the idea. Maybe we can do a mix of regular games and tourneys, to cater to what different folks prefer 

17. #57 / 1197
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think we should always try to have a public game or two open, inline with the original spirit of the idea.

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

18. #58 / 1197
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

I think we should always try to have a public game or two open, inline with the original spirit of the idea.

+1

19. #59 / 1197
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Turns out I suck at this map.

20. #60 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm starting to build a strategy for it, although it hasn't worked yet.

@MB June 1st I will randomly select someone by assigning everyone a number. Do you want me to add you to the list?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (60 in total)