219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

It's not uncommon for opponents in my games to post a "GG" or a quick note about the game itself at the end of a game
    But, once the game has ended (for those of us who use the My Games tab and have it set to only show the live games), those games fall off the main list, and we can't go back to read others messages.

My solution to date is to change the pulldown to "all games" and then to sort the games based on messages.

The same is true with wanting to go review recently finished games:  go to all games, and then sort by date.

I propose two more items in the pulldown list for the games list:
    "Games with Messages" - Shows all games that have unread messages in them
    "Recently Finished" - Shows all games that have finished in the last 7 days (or 14, or configurable in settings, etc)

2. #2 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

"Recently Finished" - Shows all games that have finished in the last 7 days (or 14, or configurable in settings, etc)

+3/4 ish.   Selecting All Games, clicking Update, then clicking on the envelope (message) icon brings up all games with messages.  So it is possible, but it is cumbersome, so I would love to see either or both of these features - but especially an "ALL Games with Messages" option.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

It's not uncommon for opponents in my games to post a "GG" or a quick note about the game itself at the end of a game
    But, once the game has ended (for those of us who use the My Games tab and have it set to only show the live games), those games fall off the main list, and we can't go back to read others messages.

My solution to date is to change the pulldown to "all games" and then to sort the games based on messages.

The same is true with wanting to go review recently finished games:  go to all games, and then sort by date.

I propose two more items in the pulldown list for the games list:

To get those 'just before the game ends' messages I click on the Ticker, this lists all recent activity for you including messages.  I always check this after a games ends to see if I missed any messages. 

4. #4 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I use the ticker also.  

I suggested to Tom that a home-page update should include a "games with messages box".  I think he was receptive to that, but everything takes time.

---

I'd love more sort options in the "my games" window also.  Now with 1000+ games it's a pain to find the one I want going back to old ones -

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I like the idea of games with messages - or even the mailbox (persistant message link) if it showed the in-game messages (although that would be a little wierd) it would keep all the communicating together. 

As a user process note, I used to not even get messages that happened after a game was over. Then I discovered sorting by mail and spent like two hour reading all the gg's.... like it is now, as a new user you might not ever even get it...

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

+1 : something must be done for those unread messages.

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I use the "Flagged game" feature to control exactly what shows up in My Games (love that! I can monitor friends games as well), so I just leave the finished games flagged for a while in case any final messages show up.

8. #8 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

About once every month or two, I switch to 'all', to check on messages I missed.  It would be nice to have some easier way of doing it.

I think what would work best for me, would be a 'live + messages" setting for games, because these are the ones I actually care about.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)