217 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 14
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I am about to lose a game, again, because I accidentally hit "T" out of habit when I meant to hit "A".  Which left me without the ability to hit my next planned target.

This doesn't happen very frequently, but happens often enough that right after I hit "T", if I have done nothing else, it would be nice to have a way to retroactively make it an "A".  Which would be the decision that I should have made in the first place, and is a decision that leaves all combat rolls untouched.

2. #2 / 14
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

not sure how you'd implement having an 'undo' last (which true, in this case would undo the transfer, not the roll) which applies for 'T' rolls only. i think that's basically asking for a 'confirm' transfer all and that defeats the whole purpose of 'T'.

i've almost completely gotten away from using the T and A because i kept doing that as well. which now bites me from time to time on limited attack boards! :^)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

not sure how you'd implement having an 'undo' last (which true, in this case would undo the transfer, not the roll) which applies for 'T' rolls only. 

Since T is really two+ steps in the log (attack until win and then the Free Transfer), an Undo would work just like if there was an Undo for Free Transfers (and potentially other Fortifies) in which the Undo would just move the troops back to the previous territory and the Free Transfer window would be be present and required action...I assume.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

4. #4 / 14
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    weathertop wrote:

not sure how you'd implement having an 'undo' last (which true, in this case would undo the transfer, not the roll) which applies for 'T' rolls only. 

Since T is really two+ steps in the log (attack until win and then the Free Transfer), an Undo would work just like if there was an Undo for Free Transfers (and potentially other Fortifies) in which the Undo would just move the troops back to the previous territory and the Free Transfer window would be be present and required action...I assume.

That would be a perfect mechanism.

5. #5 / 14
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

..or you could have a pre-checked box for "advance all" (default), which could be unchecked by the attacker. Perhaps players could change the default in preferences.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 14
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

..or you could have a pre-checked box for "advance all" (default), which could be unchecked by the attacker. Perhaps players could change the default in preferences.

I'm in the habit of hitting "T" because that is usually the behavior that I want, and doing things that way is faster.  That default behavior saves me time.  I therefore find the game more fun with "T" working as it does.

But every so often I accidentally hit "T" when I meant to hit "A".  Rarely it is a game-deciding mistake.  Yes, it was my fat fingers that did that, but it is frustrating when it does.

7. #7 / 14
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

btilly wrote:
    M57 wrote:

I'm in the habit of hitting "T" because that is usually the behavior that I want, and doing things that way is faster.  That default behavior saves me time.  I therefore find the game more fun with "T" working as it does.

But every so often I accidentally hit "T" when I meant to hit "A".  Rarely it is a game-deciding mistake.  Yes, it was my fat fingers that did that, but it is frustrating when it does.

Yeah -- when I give it a little more thought, I realize that all the check idea does is create an A button..  I was just free-range brain-storming.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

8. #8 / 14
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I really like the idea of the undo button undoing everything except dice rolls. I have done the T instead of A several times as well as other things like realizing I didn't place my troops in the optimal distribution while pressing the apply button.

9. #9 / 14
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

I really like the idea of the undo button undoing everything except dice rolls. I have done the T instead of A several times as well as other things like realizing I didn't place my troops in the optimal distribution while pressing the apply button.

+1

anything that is deterministic, I would like to be able to undo. 

10. #10 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What if you could buy "Gear Points" in which you could use to re-roll? BA-HAHAHAHA!!!

(Very few will probably get this, but, looking back now, it was pretty much the beginning of the end of TOS when Steven suggested something similar.  So please know that I'm joking.)

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

11. #11 / 14
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

> (Very few will probably get this, but, looking back now, it was pretty much the beginning of the end of TOS when Steven suggested something similar.  So please know that I'm joking.)

That happened?  I was on warfish for a while, but must have missed this.  Plus it would have required more than the 15 minutes a month Steven was putting into warfish.

12. #12 / 14
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Something else I do frequently, especially on large boards, is fortify in the area I am working on and then go to the next area to attack and realize I screwed myself by entering the fortify phase too early.

13. #13 / 14
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

What if you could buy "Gear Points" in which you could use to re-roll? BA-HAHAHAHA!!!

In the words of Happy Bunny, "you make me throw up a little bit in my mouth."

14. #14 / 14
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I also would like an undo fortify button for the times I transfer my tech points in invention BEFORE taking my turn... argh.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)