1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Lieutenant poq poq is offline now
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

For navigating the history as well as negotiating truces, it would be very helpful to have turn numbers. Anybody else interested in this?

2. #2 / 16
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

They are included in the log.. It's one of the links on the primary game page.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 16
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Can't find them, I see only move numbers. Where exactly?

4. #4 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I don't believe Turn Numbers are displayed anywhere.  I agree they could be beneficial and would be a bit nice to have.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

5. #5 / 16
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

I don't believe Turn Numbers are displayed anywhere.  I agree they could be beneficial and would be a bit nice to have.

They could be displayed rather prominently in the player. So that you always see it at a glance, without having to switch to the log.

6. #6 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Right to the left of the time-stamp.  Are we talking about the same thing?

7. #7 / 16
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Right to the left of the time-stamp.  Are we talking about the same thing?

Probably not. Those are order numbers. There is one entry for each individual order (or attack actions in turn-based play). What I am looking for is a number that globally designates the phase of the game. Let's call them round numbers if that is more clear. So it will be the first round until all players have made their first turn and so on. 

Have you ever found yourself sifting through the order list in the log when all you're looking for is simply the last round? Having a 3-turn truce with someone and when it breaks up it is unclear if the timing was "fair"? It would be much simpler (for example) to declare a truce in round 5 which states that it goes up to (and including) round 7.

8. #8 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

poq wrote:

Have you ever found yourself sifting through the order list in the log when all you're looking for is simply the last round?

Not really. There is a "last turn" button in the history.  I've used that to see what has transpired since my last turn.

Having a 3-turn truce with someone and when it breaks up it is unclear if the timing was "fair"? It would be much simpler (for example) to declare a truce in round 5 which states that it goes up to (and including) round 7.

No one has ever offered me anything like a 3-round truce.  I suppose you could argue, "That's because there are no round numbers", but I honestly can't imagine anyone accepting a truce like that, (at least not with the intention of keeping it).

I prefer to refer directly to what you call the order number.  It is more exact ..and more appropriate for the kinds of discussions I usually have with players.

9. #9 / 16
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Not really. There is a "last turn" button in the history.  I've used that to see what has transpired since my last turn.

There are 'previous turn' and 'next turn' which cycle through the players within the round: great. there is 'next round' button: great.

All I am asking for is to display the round number in addition to everything else. I don't want anything to be taken out. 

Oh and a 'previous round' button would make more symmetrical.

10. #10 / 16
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

No one has ever offered me anything like a 3-round truce.  I suppose you could argue, "That's because there are no round numbers", but I honestly can't imagine anyone accepting a truce like that, (at least not with the intention of keeping it).

That's odd. These types of truces seem the standard to me and I find them to work quite well. 

11. #11 / 16
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

poq wrote:
    M57 wrote:

That's odd. These types of truces seem the standard to me and I find them to work quite well. 

I've done a handful of truces like that too.

12. #12 / 16
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Me three.
    As far as terminology goes, it makes sense to reference "Round" numbers because it fits both turn-based and simul gear play.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

13. #13 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

..maybe it's because no one likes to truce with me ;(

14. #14 / 16
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:
    M57 wrote:

..maybe it's because no one likes to truce with me ;(

No it's not that. When I want to truce with you, I find out you are already eliminated ;)

Or even worse, I find out it's a 1 vs 1 game.

More seriously, I usually go for truces without any round reference, like you. A 1 round notice (minimum) to break the truce is my understanding when it has to stop but I always try to keep the truce alive as long as possible.

Edited Fri 30th Nov 03:10 [history]

15. #15 / 16
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

+1

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

16. #16 / 16
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

poq wrote:
    M57 wrote:

There are 'previous turn' and 'next turn' which cycle through the players within the round: great. there is 'next round' button: great.

All I am asking for is to display the round number in addition to everything else. I don't want anything to be taken out. 

Oh and a 'previous round' button would make more symmetrical.

+1

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)