1. #21 / 40
    Standard Member the regulator
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

the 3 of them at it again...

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/55311

can you tell im running out of witty things to say about this team

oh yeah forgot to mention nice bit of softening up on the first turn by salt for sun

Edited Wed 7th Dec 03:06 [history]

2. #22 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/56701

am i becoming redundant.  sun musta been pissed at adelhia since he took her out in 4th instead of 3d this time, but it must have pissed off salty that he did so he whipped suns ass

3. #23 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

heres one you were in atilla...

interesting move at turn 375, sun surrounded by salty on 2 sides and a neutral elects to attack the neutral 3v3 getting both himself and neutral down to one... thanks buddy.  good to see adelhia back in the fold as once again its a fight amongst the final 3

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/56701

4. #24 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

heres another blatant colosal 3way... you never had a chance m57

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/102284

5. #25 / 40
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

When they ally, and it appears they do, it's subtle - and while on the one hand a pattern of alliances is hard to prove, if it suspected by other players those players can be avoided, and even ganged up on in other games.  Remember, alliances are legal, although interestingly, I find myself using them less and less, and so I enjoy the game less when beaten by alliances.  For now I will assign these players as enemies.

Here's an ironic thought.  Other players could actively pursue alliances when they find themselves in games against them ..which, by the way - could be construed as a pattern in itself.   Hmm.. Vigilante justice.  What are we coming to here? 

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #26 / 40
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You've made your point regulator.  Let the admins have the chance to take a look at their play and let's see what they say.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

7. #27 / 40
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I think there's enough evidence here that they are separate players but forming an alliance pre-game. This is not permitted according to the site's rules.

I'll send a warning to both players and keep an eye on the situation.

8. #28 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

You've made your point regulator.  Let the admins have the chance to take a look at their play and let's see what they say.

im sorry was i posting to much of my findings?

9. #29 / 40
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Warnings have been sent to the three players involved. If it continues please let me know and subject to review they may be banned.

10. #30 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

after sitting all nite and looking at the games they've played to see if i could find what i did, i must say its a bit disappointing to say the least that they will only be given a warning.  i had planned on getting a membership when my free month expired but now id just as soon not play at all as they've taken the enjoyment out of it.

to anyone im in a team game with (other then you sun, your own your own in that one now) i will finish it out so as not to screw you over but in any other regular games im in i will make myself a neutral instead of surrender so anyone who takes me out will still get the benefit of getting any cards ive accumulated and elimination bonus's. 

11. #31 / 40
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Even if Tom just banned them, couldn't they just make new accounts and continue with their shenanigans?  I think in the long run a warning might even be more effective.

12. #32 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Even if Tom just banned them, couldn't they just make new accounts and continue with their shenanigans?  I think in the long run a warning might even be more effective.

i guess if they wanted to continue shelling out 30 bucks a pop (and risk losing it each time when found out) to be premium members just so they can be ranked best like they are right now at 1 and 2 on the mobs of ny board where they've cheated their way to the top.  dont know if they are smart enough or rich enough to keep doing it. 

whats worse for the site, banning and risking them coming back and donating more money if they want to play as much as they currently do or showing that the site will tolorate cheaters?  my money is saying the latter.

13. #33 / 40
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I didn't realize they were premium members.

I think Tom should institute a 'shadow ban' policy where he tags them as cheaters, but they don't know they have been tagged, and instead they just get bad luck for rolls.  half kidding.

14. #34 / 40
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Take a side off of all their dice as punishment!

15. #35 / 40
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

imo this site does NOT tolorate cheaters. on the other hand i understand your fustration with these players, it sure takes the fun out of playing if your just gonna get ganged up on.
    i had posted once before about opening the private messages at the end of a game before, it got shot down for good reasons, but i still think it should be a option. i know people don't want there non game messages read by all who play but if you want to talk to someone in your game privatly you can always e-mail them or pick up that thing that some guy named bell invented i forget what its called but i heard they even have ones that you can take with you almost everywhere.
    not preachen just saying.

16. #36 / 40
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

j-bomb wrote: imo this site does NOT tolorate cheaters. on the other hand i understand your fustration with these players, it sure takes the fun out of playing if your just gonna get ganged up on.
    i had posted once before about opening the private messages at the end of a game before, it got shot down for good reasons, but i still think it should be a option. i know people don't want there non game messages read by all who play but if you want to talk to someone in your game privatly you can always e-mail them or pick up that thing that some guy named bell invented i forget what its called but i heard they even have ones that you can take with you almost everywhere.
    not preachen just saying.

Really, being able to read private messages would accomplish nothing.  There are other ways to communicate and cheaters will use them instead.  Besides, I'm sure Tom is able to look at them if he thinks it's necessary or would help.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Wed 7th Dec 19:14 [history]

17. #37 / 40
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i was not aware tom could look at private messages? as for cheaters your right they will find other ways, but if i could see that someone is delibertally trying to gang up on me in multiple games i play with them i might be more likely to not participate in future games with them. as it is i tend to lean towards the fact that 90% of the people playing here are very honest and don't go for cheap wins or cheat. as for you regulator don't give up on this site as i said most of us play fair and if you want you can always invite me to a game or join one i make.i'm not the best player by any means but i do play fair.

18. #38 / 40
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've had a chat with both the players and they've agreed not to team up in future except where the situation would suggest it (i.e. the same as when teaming up with any other player).

I'm satisfied that they were not deliberately cheating, perhaps more of a misinterpretation of the rules and as such I don't think a sanction such as banning or booting them is appropriate. I will leave it at that for now.

19. #39 / 40
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

the regulator wrote:

after sitting all nite and looking at the games they've played to see if i could find what i did, i must say its a bit disappointing to say the least that they will only be given a warning.  i had planned on getting a membership when my free month expired but now id just as soon not play at all as they've taken the enjoyment out of it.

to anyone im in a team game with (other then you sun, your own your own in that one now) i will finish it out so as not to screw you over but in any other regular games im in i will make myself a neutral instead of surrender so anyone who takes me out will still get the benefit of getting any cards ive accumulated and elimination bonus's. 

I understand the way you feel. Often felt the same.

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

20. #40 / 40
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

Take a side off of all their dice as punishment!

That was my first thought, but it would be too obvious.  Instead something like 30% of the time their roll is divided in 2 would be much harder to detect.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)