forget it its a dice game not worth getting into

Edited Sun 4th Dec 20:47 [history]

2. #2 / 40
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

if it's a pattern, then it could be construed as a "pre-game alliance", which is pretty much cheating, though very hard to prove.

On the flip side, though it might be very hard to prove they are cheating, if word gets out that they tend to do this (even thought it can't be proven but there's a lot of circumstantial evidence), then the community can avoid playing with them, or even gang up on them when they play alone.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 40
    Standard Member the regulator
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

are you able to watch a replay of a game with fog?  the more i think about it the more im sure that it at least happened in this game but unless i can see the replay its just an assumption, but the armies that they came at me with certainly made what i had no more of a concern to them then anyone else in the game.

4. #4 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

and since there was only 5 of us to start and only one of them wasnt coming at me when it started im assuming they had already taken care of him.

5. #5 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

all i can say for sure is that 2 of them have played in the same games over 70 times, the third person has played with them over 30 times then its everyone else theyve played with which is in the mid to low teens

6. #6 / 40
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

the regulator wrote:

are you able to watch a replay of a game with fog?  the more i think about it the more im sure that it at least happened in this game but unless i can see the replay its just an assumption, but the armies that they came at me with certainly made what i had no more of a concern to them then anyone else in the game.

You'll be able to see the replay once the game has finished.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

7. #7 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

thanks

8. #8 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

still nothing conclusive but i just went and figured id see if they played in any team games, and guess what i found... yes two of them have quite a few times, joined at least on one occasion by the 3d member of the group i was playing.

9. #9 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

funny thing is they have great global rankings, both being in the top 100, yet when they play team games and people know they are together they score in the mid 900s

edit to correct myself... one has a score of 924 and the other is below 900 in team scoring.  odd?

Edited Mon 5th Dec 06:53 [history]

10. #10 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

and yes i read all of the hardy boys books when i was a kid    =cD

11. #11 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

if anyone would care to see the replay let me know... would love to know what others think

12. #12 / 40
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I don't have the time right now but I will look into it

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/111369

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

13. #13 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

i know im new here and not trying to create any waves.  i think everyone can draw their own conclusions after reading thru this thread and seeing what went down here in this game at least.  i know i will be avoiding getting into any future games that more then one of these players is involved in.

the following is what i wrote to accompany the above game replay i sent to toto:

you can start around turn 1200... sun makes it a point to come after me even though he has salty and adalhie as the only 2(threats) on his borders, and not only avoids attacking salty but withdraws from africa so salty can claim the continent.  on top of that he goes thru neutrals to get to me, again avoiding attacking salty to get there and then adalhie comes from alaska also avoiding attacking anyone but me even though both have huge armies next to each other in the americas.  salty does his small bit by hitting me in southern russia to make sure i dont get any bonus there, but doesnt try to attack anyone else.  odd how he knows to hit me in that one spot when he hadnt attacked me anywhere else.  the only real attacking of each other they do during this whole time is to claim a continent when they can or to get thru each other to get to me.  i also noticed on turn 1227 adalhie has 1 army of 2 in africa and though surrounded by salty attacks galak, i would imagine to make it easier for salty to take out her one army if she fails to hurt galak in the attack rather then have to 2 in saltys way.

14. #14 / 40
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Just looking at this particular game, all I can say is that there was some fairly dishonorable play. There is a clear three way alliance, with all three working to eliminate the weaker green at the end.  If these three have a pattern of similar behavior, then yes this is cheating.

Edited Tue 6th Dec 12:49 [history]

15. #15 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

this ones interesting to watch...

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/49360

last two standing...

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/51860

Edited Wed 7th Dec 01:05 [history]

16. #16 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

adahlie got in on this one as they all make it to the final 3 to once again battle it out amongst themselves after everyone else is eliminated

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/52938

17. #17 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

the triumvirate strikes again as adahlie saves saltys ass from purple so the three can once again fight it out... im startng to see why salty and sun are top ranked on this board.  good (team) work guys.  the thing im noticing is that they WILL attack each other until someone takes control of the continent then they are left alone

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/53002

18. #18 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

it looks like they decided to play this one fair, but then salty got knocked out and it was instant alliance you have you island i have mine and we can fight it out in the end when we get rid of the others

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/53082

i guess when you know you have someone in the game to fall back on you can play fair?

19. #19 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

bonze slver and gold once again...

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/54543

20. #20 / 40
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

feel like im at the beach watching these two... sun and salt.  they fight some at the beginning trying to get position but after that its a small attack here or there, just putting a unit in the territory to take away the bonus but no real fighting that will make either of them lose armies

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/54493

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)