210 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 26
    Standard Member CeilingCat
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

So I have been beaten in a map.  The problem is the idiot who is winning will not kill me off.  We have had about 20 or so turns where he jusk kills enough territories to keep me with one teritory left in the game.  If I only have one territory left he doesn't attack. 

How can I get out of this?  More imprtantly, how do I lodge a complaint against the other player?

2. #2 / 26
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Surrender..

If there are only two players, it will be automatic and it won't affect your stats negatively.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 26
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Surrender, it will count the same as losing the game and post a link to the game in the forums (copy and paste the url of the game).

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

4. #4 / 26
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

The URL is http://www.wargear.net/games/player/74612

Thanks for your help

I cannot see a way to surrender (sorry, I've just jumped from Warfish and the controls are still new)

Edited Thu 28th Jul 18:18 [history]

5. #5 / 26
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

From My games, click on the game's name. There is a Surrender button (this is before you launch the Player).

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

6. #6 / 26
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:

From My games, click on the game's name. There is a Surrender button (this is before you launch the Player).

That worked, thanks.

You should see what the idiot was up to.  Take a look at the game link.

7. #7 / 26
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Watched it. It's unbelievable, unheard to my knowledge.

As it was the first game between you 2, it looks like a kind of retaliation. I would think of people you might have had words with. It could well be a double account.

8. #8 / 26
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Just looks like good old-fasioned perverted fun to me, like a cat playing with the mouse before it kills it.

Now that surrender is a viable option, it's really a non-issue.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

9. #9 / 26
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Wow...what a tool.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

10. #10 / 26
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

CeilingCat wrote:

(sorry, I've just jumped from Warfish and the controls are still new)

And welcome to the greatest thing since sliced bread, wait...no, since the wheel.  If you ever need help with testing a map before you play it for real, I am more than willing to play any map.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

11. #11 / 26
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

WOW.
    i've been known to take out neutrals before finishing off the opponents last units in order to have a fully owned board, but that's usually within the last turn. and only once has it bitten me that i misjudged the umbers i'd need to take those last units and it spilled into the next turn. but this is sooo far beyond that.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

12. #12 / 26
    Standard Member Jumbolero
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Haha that idiot! I'm from Croatia so i know some facts: Maybe you have not noticed but picigin, nirvana1808 and ana0707 (all from Croatia) almost always play wargear warfare with medium fog, sometimes total, and all have a habit of fooling with the enemy instead of ending the game. I had experience like CeilingCat when some of them playing with me until i give up and get booted. I do not believe that they cheat because I did not notice that they often play each other, and usually 1vs1 with different opponents but it is my opinion that it is all one person.

13. #13 / 26
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

@CeilingCat: Yes, that opponent was clearly being a jerk.  Hope it didn't ruin your first experience here on Wargear!  Welcome to the site by the way and I want to commend you for reporting this incident through the proper channels (this forum).  Many in your position would have started a verbose rant on the player's wall.

Take a moment to look at the Welcome Forum and the "Invite Me!" thread - there are many players along with Beastly who are willing to start the new folks off with a game!

~ATH

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

14. #14 / 26
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Jumbolero wrote:

Haha that idiot! I'm from Croatia so i know some facts: Maybe you have not noticed but picigin, nirvana1808 and ana0707 (all from Croatia) almost always play wargear warfare with medium fog, sometimes total, and all have a habit of fooling with the enemy instead of ending the game. I had experience like CeilingCat when some of them playing with me until i give up and get booted. I do not believe that they cheat because I did not notice that they often play each other, and usually 1vs1 with different opponents but it is my opinion that it is all one person.

Noticed that too. I did not want to give names publically when I suggested it could well be a double account, but these names were the ones I was thinking of. I would add some identical games are created at the same time (not 1 minute later).

As you are our Croatian expert, what do you think of Soyuz, Ghost and Laznenade ?

Edited Sat 30th Jul 03:57 [history]

15. #15 / 26
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

not sure about them, those names are unknown to me. seems like they aren't active anymore.. but interesting it looks like support :)

i sometimes look how they play (history) with other players and picigin said (on chat) to one other player from Croatia that he have many accounts, and i beat you many times before, i have score 1600+ with other profiles... just a sec. i will found this game..

16. #16 / 26
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/64820

so in 13:00 "toliko sam te puta vec dobio sa drugim imenima" - i beat you so many times with other names

and 09:37 "imam 1600 score sa drugima" - i have 1600 score with others

17. #17 / 26
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

i'm not sure can i speak of this in public, but there is more players who are suspected.

i can't send to admin my doubts (not allowed as standard). is there any way to report this privately? don't want to say their names here if they are not really guilty...

18. #18 / 26
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Jumbolero wrote:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/64820

so in 13:00 "toliko sam te puta vec dobio sa drugim imenima" - i beat you so many times with other names

and 09:37 "imam 1600 score sa drugima" - i have 1600 score with others

Well this is the evidence I was looking for. I already wrote about them in this thread http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1460/So_many_cheaters_What_should_be_done_

message #62, but I got no reaction on these names. I will write a new messge there in the hope your evidence will be taken in consideration by some admins.

Edited Sat 30th Jul 07:25 [history]

19. #19 / 26
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Jumbolero wrote:

i'm not sure can i speak of this in public, but there is more players who are suspected.

i can't send to admin my doubts (not allowed as standard). is there any way to report this privately? don't want to say their names here if they are not really guilty...

I also have more than doubts on other players and I don't give names for the same reason. You can share your doubts with me on my wall and I will delete after reading. You can also send an e-mail to [email protected].

20. #20 / 26
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'm highly unimpressed by this sort of behavior - it strikes me as very unsporting and it's a poor advertisement for the site when a player tries to extend a game pointlessly just to annoy another player. Should this player be banned?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)