219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 14
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

For my Chinese checkers board I encountered a problem.  I want to make the game available to 2-6 players, but right now that isn't possible because I don't know how to do it, or it doesn't exist yet.  I have created the initial setup for players to start with 10 marbles in the correct locations.  Now if two players join the units still exist in the other areas, but they are neutral.  Normally this isn't a problem, but because all attacks are 0v0 you can't complete the game.

So my question is, Is it possible to make it so that all territories assigned by the initial setup that are not used by a player revert to neutral 0?

On a similar tangent, if a player gets booted is there a way to remove all of his territories and place them at 0?  I think this would have to be programmed by Tom, but I'm not sure.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

2. #2 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

No.  You would have to create specific Scenarios for each number of players and assign neutrals to 0 in the other locations.

No.  Would be a new feature.

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

3. #3 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

P.S. How does the game work for any number of players if attacks are set to 0v0?  Especially if a player decides to play stagnate and not move (if he is essentially like a neutral).

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

4. #4 / 14
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Beastlymaster - I think that there is a workaround for your particular board.  Give each of the players and initial bonus of ten and have their ten territories start with zero units (give each territory a maximum of one).  On the first turn, each player will have to place their marbles, but after that it plays exactly the same and will support 2-6 players.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

5. #5 / 14
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Huh...I like that Alpha.

And Yertle, that is what I was hoping to avoid, but wasn't sure how to get around it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

6. #6 / 14
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The board is currently set to automatically abandon after each move.  If I place 10 units on the capitals will it stay a capital even after there are no units left?

~~~~~~~~~~

7. #7 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Beastlymaster wrote:

The board is currently set to automatically abandon after each move.  If I place 10 units on the capitals will it stay a capital even after there are no units left?

May have to test that, along with testing the starting with 0 units and giving 10 for initial bonus, at least with the Abandon/Auto Revert things may get wacky.

8. #8 / 14
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Beastlymaster wrote:

Not positive, but pretty sure that even with abandon ON, you can't abandon a capital.  It appears to be a fail-safe purposely put in by Tom

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

9. #9 / 14
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Beastlymaster wrote:

Not positive, but pretty sure that even with abandon ON, you can't abandon a capital.  It appears to be a fail-safe purposely put in by Tom

That is correct, one unit must be left behind.

10. #10 / 14
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:
    M57 wrote:
    Beastlymaster wrote:

Is that still the case if you have more than one capital? I'm pretty sure you can never abandon your LAST capital, but what about your 2nd to last?

11. #11 / 14
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think this discussion was once started in another place and I think it has been corrected by Tom already.

~~~~~~~~~~

12. #12 / 14
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes that has been fixed - you can now abandon a capital as long as it's not your last.

13. #13 / 14
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

And it works great!  Now all I need to happen is if someone surrenders or gets booted all of their territories revert to the initial setup scenario and this board will be good to go.

~~~~~~~~~~

14. #14 / 14
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:
    Alpha wrote:
    M57 wrote:
    Beastlymaster wrote:

Is that still the case if you have more than one capital? I'm pretty sure you can never abandon your LAST capital, but what about your 2nd to last?

Thanks, I was assuming each player had only one capital when I responded.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)