172 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 15
    Premium Member Wonder Woman
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I have noticed my Championship points decreasing.  I had 10 at one point and now they are down to 7.  How come I am losing points?

I await your response(s).

Thank you, in advance, for your replies,

Wonder Woman

2. #2 / 15
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Your championship points are never secure.  They come from being in the top ten on any given board.  You can lose your championship points by losing games or you can lose them without losing a game if another player wins and outranks your score on a particular board.  From the help pages (http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Rankings):

Board Rankings are also used to calculate a player’s Championship Points. Once you obtain a certain ranking on a board you will receive Championship Points, although only the top 10 players of a board will obtain Championship Points. The thresholds for these Championship Points are as follows:

1500+ score - 20 Championship Points
    1450+ score - 15 Championship Points
    1400+ score - 12 Championship Points
    1350+ score - 10 Championship Points
    1300+ score - 8 Championship Points
    1250+ score - 6 Championship Points
    1200+ score - 4 Championship Points
    1150+ score - 3 Championship Points
    1100+ score - 2 Championship Points
    1050+ score - 1 Championship Points

If 10 players have a ranking of 1500+, then the number one ranked player will obtain 20 Championship Points, number two will obtain 15, number three will obtain 12, and so on. In the case of a tie, the player with the highest H Rating (see below) stat for the board will obtain the highest amount of Championship Points. In the case of a H Rating tie, the player with the most recent completed Ranked game will obtain the highest amount of Championship Points.

The Championship Points leaders can be seen in the Board Championship list of the Rankings tab.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.
    Edited Sun 9th Jan 13:47 [history]

3. #3 / 15
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

WW, it is a byproduct of me beating you...
    *wink*

or what he said.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Mon 10th Jan 17:06 [history]

4. #4 / 15
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

You know what may be kinda cool is if there was an email that went out when you lost Championship Points.  Something along the lines of:

Yertle,

RiksyBack just won yet another game of Asheron's Gear and took 2 Championship Points from you!  Click here to start a game on this map and gain them back!  (start game link to the map)

I think this would make the battle for Championship Points more personal and also create (hopefully) friendly rivalries between players.  I know I have 20 Championship Points and I really don't know what maps they are from without looking because I just play but if I got an email telling me that I lost points like Wonder Woman was asking I would be very likely to click that link and try to get them back.

I don't know if this is possible but I think it is a pretty good idea and would help create even more of a community feeling, and by community I mean map feuding, which is fun!

Where's asm????

5. #5 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I agree, it would be great to know where and when you lost Championship Points, especially when it doesn't come from a loss (ie when someone passes you on a board).

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

6. #6 / 15
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

nice idea monkey!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #7 / 15
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Good idea. I don't think we need yet another notification email but perhaps a little notification / link when you next login to that effect?

8. #8 / 15
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I wouldn't mind another notification (defaulted to private message), but whatever is desirable.

If there is not a notification, perhaps a little notification window on the main home page that is above the your turns list.  Notifications would stay here for maybe a week (maybe a setting for this) before disappearing.  I only make this suggestion because sometimes I log on take a few quick turns and log off with reading or paying attention to anything else that is going on.

If this window was also created, it would be a nice location to send all notification (as an option) so you see them immediately when logging on and they stay around for a while.  I am thinking the notifications will be very brief here.
    Ex:  Riskyback has just won a game on __ taking 5 champion points away from you.  Try to win them back (link to create game on this board)
    You have just lost the game __ on __ to __.
    You have just be eliminated from __ on __ by __.

Anyway, this is just my thoughts.

9. #9 / 15
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I cleaned out my email trash yesterday and about 50% of the emails were elimination or private message notifications so I understand not wanting more of them but at the same time, I turn off my emails about maps being reviewed, invites and other things so I only get the stuff I want to know about and I would keep this notification on because I think it would be fun to know.

A window or bubble or pop-out singing Monkey telling you about losing points would be cool, I just am afraid that people (Alpha, I'm looking at you) don't pay attention to stuff like that.

Where's asm????

10. #10 / 15
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

You might not have seen the growl system that's in place but I reckon it will be good for this sort of thing.

11. #11 / 15
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have no idea what the growl system is......there was something implemented with out MY input?

That's just wrong!

P.S.  what is it

Where's asm????

12. #12 / 15
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

In case you are wondering why WW that you can be a champ, and then lose points. On warfish, they had a medal system with a fixed score required for X # of medals. Once you got to 1550 points on a board with a similar scoring system, you reached the max # of medals. When I hit 10 on Pirates of Malta, one of my fav boards, i didn't play it anymore!! I'd risk my medals! (it jumped from 6 to 10 so it was hard and a loss sets you down 4 medals!).

This way the rankings/points are more dynamic, fluid. And you get to keep playing it when challengers appear!

Beheadings are free for all Elves!

13. #13 / 15
    Premium Member Wonder Woman
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Very interesting.  Thank you for all your replies.  I like the idea of not being "king of the Hill" and people are gunning for you.  You fall down the hill and climb up to regain your place...on top!!

Pop ups would be cool or whatever you come up with.  This site is so advanced that I am sure Tom with the help of others will come up with a great plan of action!!

Thanks again everyone for your input!

WW

14. #14 / 15
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

I have no idea what the growl system is......there was something implemented with out MY input?

That's just wrong!

P.S.  what is it

You'll just have to wait and see :)

15. #15 / 15
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    RiskyBack wrote:

That's just wrong!

P.S.  what is it

You'll just have to wait and see :)

I have no idea what these are either so I seem to waiting with the monkey as well.

P.S. - Risky, there are lots of things in this world that I don't pay attention to.

Edited Thu 13th Jan 00:47 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)