219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««5678910111213»»»   (14 in total)
  1. #161 / 264
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Someone surrendered in the GearWars tournament so now it shows the following on My Tournaments list: Players 10, Joined 9 (seems a bit odd IMO).

Fixed.

Alpha wrote:

If I am playing a team game and I lose but my team won, did I lose?

No, that is calculated as a team win for both your personal stats and tournaments stats.

Toaster wrote:

For tournament games, on the info page, can we get the Hosted By: "Tournament" row changed to have the name of the tournament and the name link to the tournament page instead of saying "Tournament"?

Done.

Yertle wrote:

Leaderboard shows blackdog as 6 games finished with 6 wins but clicking on View only shows 5 games http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/11?viewselector=Tournament-Player&filter2=fbfae5aba936c580c90b5d4480d1b6d9#tabs-games I believe it is missing the Surrendered game (Round 4 Game 4, which should also display differently somehow on the Rounds tab of the tournament).

That's actually correct behaviour - clicking on view games will only show actual games that were started, if the game never actually occurred (i.e. players were never invited) then there will be no record in the games table, only an entry in the draw.

bengaltiger wrote:

This tourney hasn't started the second round, even though all first round games have completed: http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/1

Fixed.

Mongrel wrote:

Looks like we have a lot of "stalled" tourneys.

I've been through all the live tournaments and they should now all be running fine. There was a bug where tournament games in which players were booted during the join phase weren't registering as Finished in the draw, this was leading to tournaments getting locked up - this has now been fixed. This affected the following tournaments:

Tournament 1 [FIRST TOURNEY - BASIC]

Tournament 7 [Bacon Is Good]

Tournament 11 [Gear Wars: Tournament I] - Yertle your game where you were booted has been restarted

Tournament 18 [The Time has Come] Un-surrendered BobTWC (same problem as Yertle)

2. #162 / 264
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Leaderboard shows blackdog as 6 games finished with 6 wins but clicking on View only shows 5 games http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/11?viewselector=Tournament-Player&filter2=fbfae5aba936c580c90b5d4480d1b6d9#tabs-games I believe it is missing the Surrendered game (Round 4 Game 4, which should also display differently somehow on the Rounds tab of the tournament).

That's actually correct behaviour - clicking on view games will only show actual games that were started, if the game never actually occurred (i.e. players were never invited) then there will be no record in the games table, only an entry in the draw.

Seems a bit odd, but OK.  Would be nice to see those that have Surrendered as a Strikethrough or something on the Rounds tab, that could help.

Thanks for ll the fixes!

3. #163 / 264
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:

Mostly I want to post +1 for 11's actually using the proper meaning of the 'begging the question' fallacy and explicating it elegantly and concisely.

+11.

People using 'begging the question' in place of 'raising the question' makes me want to kill. Maybe even more so than people using the term 'ironic' in place of 'coincidental' or claiming that a correlation is causal.

... danger zone! ...

4. #164 / 264
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Fixed.

Mongrel wrote:

Looks like we have a lot of "stalled" tourneys.

I've been through all the live tournaments and they should now all be running fine. There was a bug where tournament games in which players were booted during the join phase weren't registering as Finished in the draw, this was leading to tournaments getting locked up - this has now been fixed. This affected the following tournaments:

Tournament 1 [FIRST TOURNEY - BASIC]

Tournament 7 [Bacon Is Good]

Tournament 11 [Gear Wars: Tournament I] - Yertle your game where you were booted has been restarted

Tournament 18 [The Time has Come] Un-surrendered BobTWC (same problem as Yertle)

I was mostly being an ass here. By "stalled", I meant not enough players are on the site to get tournaments going. Nice though to see problems fixed quickly.

5. #165 / 264
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Tom - Mongrel and myself have thought quite a lot about how to arrange it so that round robin tournaments could be scheduled for 1v1v1 and beyond (instead of just 1v1 games or team 1 vs. team 2).

For 3 people at a time, it is possible to have tournaments sizes 3, 9, 15, 21, ... (3 may be a little boring) where everyone plays everyone else. I can certainly write code to be able to do the scheduling, I just need to know what language to use so that it would be useful to you.

There is a slight catch:
    In the cases of 3, 9, 27, 81, ..., the rounds can be scheduled so that each round each player plays a game (i.e. disjoint rounds)

For the other cases, such is impossible (I believe). For 15, I can prove that it is impossible, but here is the saving grace. There is always a way to do it so that in the opening round every one plays a game and then the subsequent rounds are really a round of three games for each player. (Thanks Mongrel)

The nice thing is the way you have round robin tournaments set up is that you do not need disjoint rounds as after the first round games are played as players become free.

If this is something we are interested in, please let me know and I will get to work on writing the code and I will give a little time to thinking about 1v1v1v1.

P.S. - I wasn't sure where to put this, but I wanted to put it in a location you would see it.  If it should be moved, please let me know.

Edited Tue 4th May 23:38 [history]

6. #166 / 264
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Perhaps this doesn't matter, but I found it odd that this is a 2 player Live [Eliminated] game and I still have the Boot on my profile (which I'm not all that concerned with, just looks weird):

1 2010-04-28 03:11 Gear Wars: Tournament I [R4G3] Gear Wars: Episode I   Tournament gameRegular (2 day turn limit)No  TeamplayPublic GameNone 14 hours 23m Hugh Live [Eliminated]

7. #167 / 264
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I just pooped in your aquarium! Isn't that ironic?

(http://www.cracked.com/article_15664_9-words-that-dont-mean-what-you-think.html)

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

8. #168 / 264
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Just tried creating a team tournament on Edward Nygma's Clue board, but I couldn't customize it.  As soon as I clicked the Team tournament option the Players per team box popped up and automatically selected 4 players, which appears to be the only option available.

The board itself has teams enabled with exactly 8 players required to play.  Given those two facts, shouldn't I have more options to select from for the Players per team?

Also, I can't select anything under the Tournament size section and this is the tournament summary at the very bottom:

* There will be 0 players in this tournament
        * There will be NaN rounds of games in this tournament in which everyone will play
        * In total there will be NaN games

~StepOnMe - there's none like her!

9. #169 / 264
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote:

Perhaps this doesn't matter, but I found it odd that this is a 2 player Live [Eliminated] game and I still have the Boot on my profile (which I'm not all that concerned with, just looks weird):

1 2010-04-28 03:11 Gear Wars: Tournament I [R4G3] Gear Wars: Episode I   Tournament gameRegular (2 day turn limit)No  TeamplayPublic GameNone 14 hours 23m Hugh Live [Eliminated]

Both should be fixed Yertle.

10. #170 / 264
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

Tom - Mongrel and myself have thought quite a lot about how to arrange it so that round robin tournaments could be scheduled for 1v1v1 and beyond (instead of just 1v1 games or team 1 vs. team 2).

Thanks Alpha that's definitely something I'd be interested in. I think the Round Robin format works really well so it would be good to extend it to more than 2 players per game. Originally I tried to write the code for this but quickly got overwhelmed by the maths!

The language is PHP but really any C or Javascript -like code is fine it's pretty straightforward to convert. Let me know if you need more info!

11. #171 / 264
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I won a tourney game that never started -

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/17083

History shows only 2 events, game creation/joined by me and 2 days later "Fogged" which I assume is game completion. Is it on purpose that there's only a single skip period in the join phase? Or in a tourney game? Or in the join phase of a tourney game?

IRREGARDLESS, Vataro, the real IRONY of the situation is that my opponent missed the boot by only about an hour, so if there had been a 2-day skip and a 2-day boot (not sure how that would really work), he'd still be able to play. So Tom if you don't mind PERUSING this situation and seeing what you think, I'm pretty NONPLUSSED by the circumstances so I don't care either way what happens. I know you have a PLETHORA of minor tournament issues to deal with right now. (ENORMITY)

It's a trap!

12. #172 / 264
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes, in the join phase of a tournament you get a boot at 2 days. No skipping - it doesn't really make sense to have a skip when you haven't even joined the game yet.

13. #173 / 264
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Alpha wrote:

Thanks Alpha that's definitely something I'd be interested in. I think the Round Robin format works really well so it would be good to extend it to more than 2 players per game. Originally I tried to write the code for this but quickly got overwhelmed by the maths!

The language is PHP but really any C or Javascript -like code is fine it's pretty straightforward to convert. Let me know if you need more info!

I am familar with all of the above; the way I have been creating schedules is in numerical (seats) format, so I just need to know what format to give the information in.  I will plan on writing it in php, unless my limited knowlegde there makes it to difficult and I will revert to javascript.

Sample (3 players per game, 9 players)  This is the easiest case.

Round 1:
      1,2,3   4,5,6  7,8,9

Round 2:
      1,4,7  2,5,8  3,6,9

Round 3:
      1,5,9  2,6,7  3,4,8

Round 4:
      1,6,8  2,4,9  3,5,7

Would you like arrays of numbers, strings with some format, or something more fancy?

Should I contact you in some other form?

14. #174 / 264
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks will drop you an email :)

15. #175 / 264
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: I won a tourney game that never started -

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/17083

History shows only 2 events, game creation/joined by me and 2 days later "Fogged" which I assume is game completion. Is it on purpose that there's only a single skip period in the join phase? Or in a tourney game? Or in the join phase of a tourney game?

IRREGARDLESS, Vataro, the real IRONY of the situation is that my opponent missed the boot by only about an hour, so if there had been a 2-day skip and a 2-day boot (not sure how that would really work), he'd still be able to play. So Tom if you don't mind PERUSING this situation and seeing what you think, I'm pretty NONPLUSSED by the circumstances so I don't care either way what happens. I know you have a PLETHORA of minor tournament issues to deal with right now. (ENORMITY)

ALN

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

16. #176 / 264
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

It appears that terminated games count as a loss, is this how the system should work?

17. #177 / 264
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Do I automatically win this Teams Tournament as there are 0 people in the tournament yet I have joined it?
    http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/43

The Status is NOT quo

18. #178 / 264
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Only if you can win round -1.

-John Hancock-

111pma.png

19. #179 / 264
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

BlackDog wrote: It appears that terminated games count as a loss, is this how the system should work?

It shouldn't actually possible to terminate a tourney game - which tournament is this?

20. #180 / 264
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Do I automatically win this Teams Tournament as there are 0 people in the tournament yet I have joined it?
    http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/43

Hmm. How did you manage that Risky?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««5678910111213»»»   (14 in total)