Pages:   123456789»»»   (14 in total)
  1. #61 / 264
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

I think I would like to see Trophies attached to the board itself, as a part of the map creation process, by the author (like a 5th card design); rather than attached to the tournament by the host.

How about if the board designer defines a default tournament trophy but the tournament host can override it if they want a custom one?

bengaltiger wrote:

So, here's an interesting issue: I can join games in tournaments that I'm not supposed to join

Good one - thanks, fixed!

Alpha wrote:

When joining the first game in the "Standard Risk Tournament", I got the error messages:

Looks like you have joined that game OK now?

RiskyBack wrote:

Can we use gif animated images for the trophies?

You can but the thumbnail won't be animated.

Toaster wrote:

I would like to lodge a formal complaint about the speed in which we receive updates and fixes around here.

Sorry Toaster I'll try to be more circumspect with updates in future {#emotions_dlg.razz}

Cramchakle wrote:

In the Filter for My Tournaments, there are options for Live or Open, but not Live AND Open. I don't want to have to see finished and canceled tourneys in there, but do want to be able to see Live and Open games all at once.

Done - I also set up a separate option for Cancelled tournaments.

2. #62 / 264
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote: In the Join Games window I am seeing a Game Name "Standard Risk Tournament [R1G8]" as an open game to join - when I hover over the colors Bengaltiger and ASM come up with the 3rd blank, but when I click on the game name I see Antiscourge is in there also (without a color) and a note that says "Sorry, you have not been invited to this tournament game." I am thinking that game should not be showing up in the Open Games window - thought it does have a T in the options column.

Tournament games shouldn't be visible there now

Alpha wrote: Another minor problem:
    In the rounds tab of the Standard Risk Tournament, I am in game one and I am listed there, but my name is grayed out, as are some others in different rounds.
    Same in the The Spys Have It Tournament.

By the way, the tournament system looks great.

Should be fixed - you may need to refresh (F5) your browser

M57 wrote: .another problem in the same tournament.  Game R1G6 has not started, probably because sulzxx surrendered prematurely.

M57 - I'll fix this one as soon as I can, may be a while before I can though

3. #63 / 264
    Standard Member AntiScourge
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

A Games List to view the other games in a tourney would be cool, from the tourney screen.

4. #64 / 264
    Standard Member AntiScourge
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

AntiScourge wrote: A Games List to view the other games in a tourney would be cool, from the tourney screen.

Ignore me.. I'm blind

5. #65 / 264
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Quick question - Is there a limit on how long it takes a player to accept the invitation to a tournament game? I'm not seeing anything where it says "X hours left to join" or something like that.

6. #66 / 264
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Random thought: For the games list in the tournament, when a game finishes you could replace the "current turn" name with the name of the winner. I don't think it would get confusing since you would have "Finished" right next to it. Thoughts?

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

7. #67 / 264
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Can the Host upload a Trophy image at any time of the Tournament (or after?) or only during Open?

8. #68 / 264
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

When joining the first game in the "Standard Risk Tournament", I got the error messages:

Looks like you have joined that game OK now?

*edit* Sorry, I should have been clear.  When I joined the game, I successfully joined, but I got the two error messages as well.  Nothing that was too concerning, but I thought I would mention it.  (I cannot get out of this gray box to give a normal response, is there some trick or is it me?)

Edited Sun 25th Apr 00:04 [history]

9. #69 / 264
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Can you not click outside the box and start typing?

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

10. #70 / 264
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It's easy if you've done it before but it's not very user friendly.  Like if you click at the top you can't get the cursor to go on top of the quote, and if you click before the very first letter and hit enter it just gives you more weird boxes to type in.

Vataro wrote: Can you not click outside the box and start typing?

-John Hancock-
    Edited Sun 25th Apr 00:32 [history]

11. #71 / 264
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

bengaltiger wrote: Quick question - Is there a limit on how long it takes a player to accept the invitation to a tournament game? I'm not seeing anything where it says "X hours left to join" or something like that.

No but there will be. Should be up and running shortly.

2 days to join maybe? 3?

Yertle wrote: Can the Host upload a Trophy image at any time of the Tournament (or after?) or only during Open?

Only while the tournament is Open for joining.

12. #72 / 264
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Tom, what are your thoughts on adding a new forum for Tournaments? Would this just be excessive? Would current tournament discussion go in the Strategy forum?

13. #73 / 264
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

So, it seems not many tournaments are filling up quickly. I don't know if this is a problem of getting the word out or what, but I feel like some of the tournaments should be edited for reduced player counts so we can get some good ones going and actually test out the system. Is there any way you could do this without us having to cancel and remake tournaments Tom? If not, I might just cancel and remake the tournament I started since I don't foresee getting 32 any time soon.

14. #74 / 264
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Vataro wrote: Tom, what are your thoughts on adding a new forum for Tournaments? Would this just be excessive? Would current tournament discussion go in the Strategy forum?

The tournaments page would be a good place to have a Kongregate style chat feature. Over on the right under the trophy cabinet would be glorious.

... danger zone! ...

15. #75 / 264
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Hmmm, I suppose that could work. I had originally thought of something more formal to talk about individual tournaments, but I guess we already have the tournament chat for that reason =/.

Edited Mon 26th Apr 00:32 [history]

16. #76 / 264
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It won't let me quit out of a tournament. I really do not wish to play in:

http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/1

http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/1?quit=1

... just returns a blank page.

-John Hancock-

17. #77 / 264
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Just because I'm going to beat you...

It's a trap!

18. #78 / 264
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

No doubt due to your strategic and tactical brilliance of attacking the only things you could possibly attack at the start of the game and also making sure you didn't roll quite as shitty as I did.

So yeah, I want out.

-John Hancock-

19. #79 / 264
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm a winner!

It's a trap!

20. #80 / 264