175 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Hugh brought it up in another thread and I can't say that I disagree with him.  Originally when I made the map I thought it would be possible to make non-segmented lines and so I tried to make the map based off of that concept (graphical coolness over general playability).  That didn't work but I still tried to keep the theory behind it.

I never liked the version on ToS because getting boxes was the goal of it while in the video games or movie that would be bad.  I thought this would work with the transfer to connecting and keep the game moving since bonuses can get pretty high, but I was totally wrong.

So, the easy fix would be HUGE cards.  Don't really want to do that but I will if we can't come to some other conclusion.  I want to keep the idea of breaking horizontal bonuses with the vertical walls but there has got to be a better way but I haven't thought of it.

The map looks too cool to just let it stay this way (Which I feel is basically unplayable).  I open it up to any and all suggestions even if it means some graphical tweaking.

P.S.  I'm pretty sure I can just make a new version to replace the old one and people who have games on it will keep those stats but the new version will start new stats, is that correct?  ahem, Yertle, I'm talking to you.

I hate to burst your bubble, but....no, wait, I actually quite enjoy it. Nevermind

2. #2 / 4
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

Originally when I made the map I thought it would be possible to make non-segmented lines and so I tried to make the map based off of that concept (graphical coolness over general playability).  That didn't work but I still tried to keep the theory behind it.

P.S.  I'm pretty sure I can just make a new version to replace the old one and people who have games on it will keep those stats but the new version will start new stats, is that correct?  ahem, Yertle, I'm talking to you.

Semi-related, I tried the non-segmented lines the other day with Dual Layers thinking that it may work now...but it didn't {#emotions_dlg.shakehead}.

A New VERSION will keep the same stats.  Games that have already begun will be played out on the version it started (graphics/rules/etc.), any games started after the New Version has been released will have the new settings, but all Rankings/Rating/Stats will be carried over from the old version to the new version.

(By the way, I haven't ever actually created a New Version of any of my boards, so if I'm wrong then someone definitely jump in and correct me :P)

3. #3 / 4
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

nope that is correct.

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

4. #4 / 4
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

For what its worth I like Light Cycles the way it is and wouldn't suggest changing a thing. (I am not familiar with TOS, so I have nothing to say about the version there.)

The overlapping bonus structure is unique, which leads to a different way of protecting your continents.

Being able to fortify to any connected and then return to attack is a powerful tool, and works well for this board IMO since you get long strings of territories - which matches the source material.

So, I would ask you (Risky) to leave it alone. There is no other board like it.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)