221 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #41 / 48
    Standard Member AntiScourge
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I use chrome for about 90% of the time I'm on Wargear, and have never experienced the issues he described. I do also choose purple a lot.

2. #42 / 48
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

well there's the problem right there! tell him to stop pickin purple!{#emotions_dlg.cylon}

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

3. #43 / 48
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yeah I can't get it to break either. On the other hand it's the first time I've used Chrome since I tried the beta and I do rather like it :)

4. #44 / 48
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Hey guys -

Sorry about the trouble that has been going on.

I generally play WarGear on two computers - at work (shh) and at home - on both I use the Chrome browser. When I create (or join a game) I generally choose purple - but not exclusively. Especially when creating a game I think I usually just let it go with the top color. "Purple" may not be the issue.

Another thing to note - legonate (my son) usually plays on the same computer as I do at home, but sometimes he uses a laptop or our old computer (that both run Mozilla). It would seem that at least one of him games would experience the same problem with lack of colors.

New topic that is really frustrating us (and may be related). Twice recently (including all of yesterday and this morning) we have been unable to log onto Wargear (at home). We get "Chrome can not access this webpage." then we try Mozilla, and then IE but none of them will allow us to access Wargear - but we can get on all the rest of the web. We turn the computer on and off, and all the standard tricks with no luck. Has this come up before?

5. #45 / 48
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

No problem thanks for the info just trying to get to the bottom of what's causing the problem.

re: not being able to access the site, as far as I know there's been no site outages. Try http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com :)

6. #46 / 48
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote

New topic that is really frustrating us (and may be related). Twice recently (including all of yesterday and this morning) we have been unable to log onto Wargear (at home). We get "Chrome can not access this webpage." then we try Mozilla, and then IE but none of them will allow us to access Wargear - but we can get on all the rest of the web. We turn the computer on and off, and all the standard tricks with no luck. Has this come up before?

did you try to reset the modem? I have this problem at home some times and a reset seems to work.

my desktop will "lock out" WarGear but if i use my laptop (the neighbor across the street doesn't have his wireless locked) and use a different signal WarGear will work fine.

7. #47 / 48
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Thanks KrocK. We have not tried resetting the modem. We'll give it a shot and see what happens.

I was looking at my game list and noticed that the people who have joined the game below so far seem to have no color:

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/14419

Am I correct that this is the same problem?

I remember creating this game at work.
    I remember creating this one at work.

8. #48 / 48
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

You don't get to choose colors on the Clue map; they are randomly assigned. So yeah, that one's all good.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)