203 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Nice job with the update tom!  Looks more slick IMO.  The hovering is possibly a bit less intuitive for borders at first and they can be tough to hover over if two borders overlap, but I like it.

Great job with the display of everything though, looks very nice.

Couple questions though...

Is the ability to see Fortify Only and View Only borders available?

Is the ability to see Capital Cities or Territory Maxes available?

Would it be possible for Artillery and Attack Only borders to have some sort of icon or display without having to hover?

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

Edited Thu 28th Jan 16:33 [history]

2. #2 / 8
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

When you hover over the border it should say 'Fortify only' or whatever (or just 'Default border'.

Good idea about icons, I'll have a think about how best to show that.

3. #3 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: When you hover over the border it should say 'Fortify only'

No border to hover over displays for Fortify Only, same with View Only.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

4. #4 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm not sure they should display all the time though. I like that it only shows borders that can somehow attack, meaning I wouldn't want to hover over everything to see if it is an actual attack border.

What's Your Passion?

5. #5 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

damn this actually took a suggestion i was about to make.

specifically (as it might help with some ideas) it was going to be a toggle on the main player that allowed you to mouse over the territory and it give you the information similar to whats available on the map details page (colored territory arrows, which continent, etc). making it toggable (thats a word right?) is essential so that you don't get overwhelmed by that info every single time you move your mouse somewhere else. you could turn it on when you needed to see something real quick (like in the middle of a transfer after conquering to see how many to place there depending on surrounding territories or if it connects to where you truly want to go next) and then turn it off again without having to leave the page.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

6. #6 / 8
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote: damn this actually took a suggestion i was about to make.

specifically (as it might help with some ideas) it was going to be a toggle on the main player that allowed you to mouse over the territory and it give you the information similar to whats available on the map details page (colored territory arrows, which continent, etc). making it toggable (thats a word right?) is essential so that you don't get overwhelmed by that info every single time you move your mouse somewhere else. you could turn it on when you needed to see something real quick (like in the middle of a transfer after conquering to see how many to place there depending on surrounding territories or if it connects to where you truly want to go next) and then turn it off again without having to leave the page.

Instead of a toggle, what if it were setup as a check as to how long the mouse has been hovering over the territory.  As in, you could set it up so that after two full seconds (one and a half maybe?) of the cursor being completely stationary over the territory then it will bring up the information.  This way, you don't have anything that needs to be selected, or clicked, or anything else.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote:
    weathertop wrote: damn this actually took a suggestion i was about to make.

Instead of a toggle, what if it were setup as a check as to how long the mouse has been hovering over the territory.  As in, you could set it up so that after two full seconds (one and a half maybe?) of the cursor being completely stationary over the territory then it will bring up the information.  This way, you don't have anything that needs to be selected, or clicked, or anything else.

I like where this is heading :)

Edited Fri 29th Jan 01:07 [history]

8. #8 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

that might be workable.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)