214 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 13
    Standard Member Major Blud
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

has anyone else had problems with ridiculous rolls...like, you the attacker having 16 and the defender having 3...and ending up w/ 2 men left against the defender's 3?...just curious..

2. #2 / 13
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

im done whining now

3. #3 / 13
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Actually, every set of dice I've ever rolled, whether it was one handful rolling for one attack, or an epic 100 vs 100 battle, has fallen squarely within one sigma of the average expected value. My imaginary electronic dice follow the super-empirical rule, which means that any run of 'luck', either good or bad, that a mathematician, statistician or probabilist would consider fully within the bounds of chance, never happens to me. For example, when I roll three attack dice, I don't ever roll three 1's, because to me that would be unfair.

Although the more logical minds on this forum might point out that 1,1,1 is as likely an outcome as any other unique roll, and that through sheer randomness one would fully expect to roll a 1,1,1, on average, once every 216 or so times (in other words, once a day or so given how many games I play on this site), I would counter with the argument that rolling that poorly couldn't possibly be fair, or that losing, say, 8 rolls in a row to a defender would be completely ludicrous and proof that life is rigged against me.

So, no. To answer your question, I have never had a problem of the kind you describe.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

4. #4 / 13
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

constantly. and in what seems even MORE bizarre is that there is two particular players that i cannot win a roll against. in like 14 games...each...

i can be having one of those 'good' days you know where most rolls tend to go your way (not often but they do happen). and then i invite this guy and POOF back to reality. i think that literally half my losses are against two people. only one of which is in the top of the rankings.

i know i'm not the best player, but i think i can hold my own and actually win from time to time against some of the august players here (asm, yertle, Risky...). i don't know if its just me and they outplay me or if it really is the dice.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

5. #5 / 13
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Don't get too excited... Anybody can win against Risky.

I agree
    Edited Fri 22nd Jan 20:12 [history]

6. #6 / 13
    Standard Member Train
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I too roll poorly against asm *glare* but I'm basing that entirely off one turn in one game haha. I do feel like my dice rolls here have been worse than they should be since I'm a pretty aggressive player and count on 3v2 coming up as a winner in the long run, but I seem to have amassed a respectable ranking (for me considering my play time is way down, somehow work has blocked this site and warfish, but not with any discernible filter as other flash game sites work...) here so it's probably all in my head.

7. #7 / 13
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

nice to see ya here train...i've been lucky they haven't blocked either at my place...i'd go crazy if i couldn't check in on them on downtimes.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

8. #8 / 13
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

heh..thanks for the feedback..especially asm..had to read you twice

9. #9 / 13
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

My pleasure.

I agree

10. #10 / 13
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Major Blud wrote:

has anyone else had problems with ridiculous rolls...like, you the attacker having 16 and the defender having 3...and ending up w/ 2 men left against the defender's 3?...just curious..

Hi Major,

There has been a whole thread on this.  You might find it interesting to read, and when you are finished, I think you are not going to feel so bad with your 16 against 3, there has been much, much worse!!

Regards,

Harrow.

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/364p1/Whats_your_worst_single_click_loss

Edited Sat 30th Jan 06:07 [history]

11. #11 / 13
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

In a game last night, rolling to eliminate a guy (for 10 unit bonus and 4 cards on the line) and get myself a huge lead, I rolled 13 units against 3 five times and rolled 4,3,2,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 including 2 sets of 1,1,1.

I agree

12. #12 / 13
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

From now on we'll refer to you as IRoll11111111111111111s.

13. #13 / 13
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I've been rendered redundant.

903244_big.jpg

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)