219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 15
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

What if you had to finish (or at least join) a game before you could post in the forums? That should at least help prevent spam in the forums.

Edited Sun 3rd Jan 18:01 [history]

2. #2 / 15
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I like the idea, but some new people may need help figuring out that first game - at least in theory - I can't remember anyone doing that -

3. #3 / 15
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I would think a total newb should be able to at least join a game.  But if not, they could be prompted with the first availible game in the list:  "Click here to join a game!" 

Or something.

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

4. #4 / 15
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Well, you already have to go through the step of confirming your e-mail address (unless they managed to automate that somehow). So, if they are willing to do that then they might be willing to join a game also. That probably would just end up with more boots.

Alternately, a post could just be automatically hidden until reviewed by an admin if at least 2 or 3 people report it.

5. #5 / 15
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

Well, you already have to go through the step of confirming your e-mail address (unless they managed to automate that somehow). So, if they are willing to do that then they might be willing to join a game also. That probably would just end up with more boots.

Alternately, a post could just be automatically hidden until reviewed by an admin if at least 2 or 3 people report it.

+1

Board Rating Party - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4289/Board_Rating_Party

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

6. #6 / 15
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

How effective is the reporting? Do enough of us hit that button for that to make sense?

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

7. #7 / 15
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Honestly, I never really even noticed the button until this thread brought it to my attention. In the past, whenever spam has popped up I just never even opened the thread(s). Going forward (now that I know the button is there) I will report

8. #8 / 15
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'll start reporting if it's going to make a difference.  I don't bother now, because I figure Yertle/Cram/etc. will eventually see it and not sure if my report would make them see it any faster.

9. #9 / 15
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I'll start reporting if it's going to make a difference.  I don't bother now, because I figure Yertle/Cram/etc. will eventually see it and not sure if my report would make them see it any faster.

I'm not sure if it would either. That's why I suggested an automated feature that could remove it more quickly. Yertle or Cram could still review it, but it could be hidden while waiting for them.

10. #10 / 15
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i've been deleting them as soon as i see them. now that break is over, i'll be on much more frequently and be able to get to them sooner. 

i also send a message to tom of the offender/offense so he can ban the account. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Tue 5th Jan 14:32 [history]

11. #11 / 15
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

@WT:

Can you comment on the effectiveness of reporting?

I've only been doing recently (like a couple of months) - I always figured it would just get caught.

12. #12 / 15
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

no, i can't comment on effectiveness of reporting. tom might throw some input to the thread tho?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

13. #13 / 15
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

WT - do you get an email or something when a forum post is reported?

14. #14 / 15
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

no, i don't see anything from reporting. i'm just a roving mall cop 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

15. #15 / 15
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

no, i don't see anything from reporting. i'm just a roving mall cop 

Ditto.

In your Face!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)