1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was just thinking that it would be cool if a designer could "share" a board with other designers - alla googledoc - it doesn't have to be real-time or anything like that - people would just have to be careful.

Some of us are pretty good with factories -- while others are crazy good graphically -- but none of us are willing to share passwords.

One would probably have to be the "Owner" (though not necessarily) and of course both would have to be Premium members.

Really, it's not a far cry from what we already have.  I can already load any board in the designer -- I just can't upload to it or save any changes.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Thu 18th Jul 18:15 [history]

2. #2 / 16
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Could share a dev account....

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

3. #3 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Have heard of - but don't know dav. How does it work?

4. #4 / 16
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Like your second account leightwing: you could share the pwd with a collaborator and create a board in there.  You'd have to have permission (more informatory than anything I imagine) and of course when you ready to publish the board or get it into beta, you'd have to export it and import it to a real player (your m57 account)

But I imagine that your development account leightwing could host the communal board editing responsibility.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

5. #5 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

but doesn't access to my leightwing account give folks access to its parent account -- or at least a pointer?  I guess that's not too much a price to pay..??

6. #6 / 16
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think it's totally separate, no? Unless your passwords are the same. Wink

7. #7 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah I'm looking at the account and - the only caveat is that the person can see the email address of the owner of the account -- not a big deal if it's a throwaway account, etc..

Technically they could "steal" the account by changing it's email address, but that's not a big deal if it's a standard account.  It can be replaced easily enough.

8. #8 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'm definitely in for that. i have historically had the issue of lack of imaginative gameplay.

but it's also been done before strictly thru email with Amidon and I for "Gunslinger" i worked the image, emailed the .png to him over and over with new devs, he worked the territories and mechanics of the game and tweaked some of the add-on images.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #9 / 16
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Funny, I've had these same thoughts with myself recently.

It would be nice for two people to be listed as author of a board and be able to modify it, but that's probably not an easy thing to implement.

So, I was thinking that if I collaborate on another board (which is likely since my graphics skills are not as strong as others here), I would suggest creating a fake account to release the board under. 

10. #10 / 16
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I am up for collaborating, especially on the graphics end, as I have a lot more fun doing that than the actual game design part. I've been (slowly) teaching myself Illustrator, as well, so if anyone has a great design idea but doesn't feel up for the graphics, let me know!

I also agree that it would be a lot easier to do this sort of thing if there was a shared-ownership option for boards.

11. #11 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld - Graphics

Amidon37 - other stuff

Hey ..just playing matchmaker.

Actually - I'm kicking around two semi-related ideas but I'm just not sure I'm up for doing it all myself. I kind of OD'd dealing with the designer on my War of the Roses map that's in Review right now.  I think I'll make a rough sketch and post it - then folks can look at it and decide if they want to help out..

..might be a good way to find collaborators in general.

Edited Fri 19th Jul 15:54 [history]

12. #12 / 16
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld, I have three or four ideas that have no graphics components at all, and are more just game concepts than anything.  Your waaaay welcome to make up some pics. 

1:

Art auction: each player puts in a bid on the painting, for three rounds - winner get posession - which allows them to do (something - actually I was thinking of a back room brawl or something) then it moves along to the next painting.... untill all the art is sold and the game has to be played out (in the brawl)

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/4111

2:

Peak World Oil: I wanted to make this based on the real world oil production and consumption stats: - I was hoping for a world map where each territory had enough space on or around it for three icons: Oil production (pump), Oil consumption (gas pump) and Oil reserve in the ground (barrel)

So basically most of the production comes from the middle east, and most of the consumption happens in the states.  Each player has an oil reserve (where their oil builds up) and each country has a rate at which they consume and produe that oil.   When the oil runs out, the game is intended to change dramatically... which I think it will - from oil based army production to continent based army production. The key is that the big producers don't get the big continent bonuses. etc...

I just stalled out trying to make a good world map, and choosing a resolution. There are like 130 countries that produce oil but only 15 that make 99% of it....

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/4109

13. #13 / 16
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

And another where all the players start as the smaller parts of bigger organisms, and fight their way out untill they control the bigger organism then fight for dominance. I wanted to build this board with blackout fog, so when you inside an organism, all you see is the insides... and the rest is black. (but I haven't entirely figure on how i want to do that...) 

14. #14 / 16
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Also want to make a medieval total war battle scene (as close to game realism as possible) but I'm having a hard time conceputalizing a board mechanic...

15. #15 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

And another where all the players start as the smaller parts of bigger organisms, and fight their way out untill they control the bigger organism then fight for dominance. I wanted to build this board with blackout fog, so when you inside an organism, all you see is the insides... and the rest is black. (but I haven't entirely figure on how i want to do that...) 

would each player start in their own organism, or fight others with a random spread throughout? this one could be fun graphically. i'm thinking of objects like some of the bigger forms from this game, or more probably it was this game. 

or you could do real life type orgs anywhere in the spectrum from ameobas (well prolly more complex than that) to humans.

if randomly spread you could have different attributes to each total org so you could pick and choose based on that.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Fri 19th Jul 20:14 [history]

16. #16 / 16
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was dreaming about the random spread for sure and thinking about using real things, like people and animals and plants.  Starting with the logical smaller bits of each... like intestine microbes for people and smaller versions of plant etc.  Then as they grow, they could attack further and further to the outside.... 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)