223 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Years ago on ToS I created the "Collectors Bonus" which is just really a lame attempt on my part to coin a term because Cram's "Hordes!" pissed me off.  I used it here with Risky Kong 2 and I think it works well in that map, but by play stats, prolly not so much.

Any Risky...I have a new map that I'm working on that the bonus system is the only thing preventing it from being yet another nearly unlikable RiskyMap.  I have decided to ask the WG community for their thoughts, because the math of figuring out the probabilities and structure has made me sad.  I have actually been running numbers this map and I have no opinion, so I wanna get your thoughts without knowing the gameplay and/or the map itself.

4 icons on the map and each of them add to each other...pair, triple, quad bonuses.  Now if you get a trip you are actually getting 3 pairs and 1 tip bonus and a quad actually gives 6 pairs, 3 trips and a quad bonus.  I'm going to utilize a combination of negative bonuses and make up's to change it up from the Risky Kong standard so I would like to know...would you prefer that the bonus for the multiple include all the possible bonuses so that if pairs were +1 each and trips were +2 the total bonus would be +6 (I think) or that the pair bonus would be +1 and the trip bonus be +2?  This doesn't include the per territory bonus which also applies, just how I should present the bonuses so it's clearest.

This is gonna be a RiskyMap, so the gameplay is gonna be different, but the presentation of the bonus system has prevented me from testing this map and I'm getting salty.

I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt

2. #2 / 6
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

My mind jumps to poker.  We don't say, "I have 4 pair and 3 of those are in a trip and by the way this is a fully house."  Instead we say, "A pair and trips is a full house."

Don't make people do the mental math.

"If you have 2 icons that's worth..."

"If you have 3 icons that's worth..."

"All 4 icons are worth...."

Edited Sat 4th May 11:53 [history]

3. #3 / 6
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I'm sure Ozy will chime in here since he has a couple boards with a collector's bonus.

On the two I am thinking of he has a chart (on the board) saying "having X gets you Y".

So, like btilly said, it doesn't really matter how you do it on the back end as long as you give a summary chart that tells what it all adds up to.

4. #4 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

It doesn't really matter how you do it on the back end as long as you give a summary chart that tells what it all adds up to.

+1

5. #5 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    Amidon37 wrote:

It doesn't really matter how you do it on the back end as long as you give a squeeze to the chest too.

+1

What I first read...{#emotions_dlg.shocked}

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

words to live by.