1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 19
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/235785

move 882, i held H14, for RC it showed up as neutral 0 and allowed him to attack me and win with 0v1 dice.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

2. #2 / 19
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I don't know what happened here. 

The History shows 'top taking it and then RC taking it like it was a (neutral) 0.

3. #3 / 19
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

PS it is on a game of Hex

4. #4 / 19
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've reverted the game to turn 881.

5. #5 / 19
    Standard Member RoyalCrown
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Tom,

When you say you reverted the game to turn 881 does this mean the game started over again at that point? I had surrendered and lost points already... I started a game tonight and my score was lowered as though I played another (and lost) game. I would ask that my score be adjusted.

6. #6 / 19
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yeah, even with that bug the game ended as it would have without it. guess i should have updated the post with that. sorry. now the 'turn got skipped' email i got today makes sense!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #7 / 19
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Oops - I didn't notice it was a realtime game. I've reverted to that turn and disabled boots.

Stats reindex is running now so you will get all your points back.

8. #8 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Just an update to everybody involved. Upon restarting the game at turn 881, weather top and I continued play. It is now 6 turns away from me becoming the victor. 

Tom,

What format is this game now? Quicktime? 7 day? 3 day? The reason I ask is because weathertop has decided to not take his/her turns now and I would like to be rewarded the points I deserve for coming back and winning this awesome game! (credit to Amidon37). No disrespect to weathertop, just need a status update on this.

9. #9 / 19
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's a game with no boots enabled - weathertop is an honorable player so I am sure he will take his turns in good time, please give him a chance! 

10. #10 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Ok sounds good. I will give it a day or two and keep track of weathertop's game status to see if turns are being taken and avoiding the game in question. If this is the case can we do some sort of auto-surrender for weathertop? I do not want an open game for a year.

11. #11 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Also, why isn't it showing up in my live games list?

12. #12 / 19
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

somehow this whole thing went to crap. original real-time game i won, even with the bug that allowed him to take over one of my units.

tom resets and disables boots

i make a bad move which leads to an inevitable win by RC, but boots get turned back on while i'm away. (which is prolly why its not in RC's game list).

does this last piece have anything to do with my settings getting all horked up? i don't have the option for work mode anymore, nor the charts being icons with mouseover.

EDIT: site's back up and fixed the settings, still might have been the cause for the boot.

EDIT2: had to go back in and reset all my preferences

Edited Mon 11th Feb 12:24 [history]

13. #13 / 19
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Sounds like the game should just be Terminated {#emotions_dlg.cylon}

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

14. #14 / 19
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

w'top - I have since reverted to your turn and turned off boots, also ranking stats have been reindexed this morning so any lost points have been given back.

There have been some server problems today that I'm still working on, might have affected your settings temporarily.

15. #15 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I don't understand how this game could go any other way than a win for me. weathertop noticed a mistake in the board, and said something about it here. I originally (before it was brought up to support) surrendered out of respect for weathertop because of the error in the board. The board was then reset to the turn prior to the mistake. The game was then played out like normal and I ended up winning. I would also like to mention that I won even with weathertop getting two turns in a row. How can this game be stricken from the record at all?

16. #16 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I would like to reiterate that weathertop "originally won" because I surrendered out of respect for the flaw in the board. Upon reset of the game it was played out like normal (except for the fact weathertop got two turns in a row) and I ended up winning.

Edited Mon 11th Feb 13:15 [history]

17. #17 / 19
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i wasn't complaining about losing after the reset. just the whole mess it created.

and you didn't just surrender out of respect for the flaw. it was because even with the flaw, which set me back, i still ended up with an unbeatable strategy (i.e. even with you breaking my line i pulled out a guaranteed win, which is when you surrendered).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

18. #18 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

That's speculation. An unbeatable strategy is only unbeatable if it is executed correctly, and in this case it wasn't which took the game in my favor. I'm sorry but the game ended in my favor. Even with two turns in a row for you, weathertop.

And for the record I did surrender in regards to the flaw on the board. Here is what was going on in my mind.... "It's going to be really hard to win.... There was a bug in the game... ahh might as well give it to him."

Edited Mon 11th Feb 14:48 [history]

19. #19 / 19
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I think it's best to terminate it.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)