229 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I am wanting to set up a few games of top ranking players, sadly in private games, no points are won or lost. Could this be changed?

Off Topic!

2. #2 / 7
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I still vote no, Private games are purposely unranked in order to avoid "gaming" the system along with giving players a way of not losing Points so there can still be relaxing games.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

3. #3 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Agree with Yertle..  From the outset, or at least since I joined WG, when this or similar topics are discussed, the solution has always been informed by the implicit understanding that all ranked games be open to all players, and to the degree that it's possible, gives no unfair advantage to certain players, including standard members.

Now on the other hand, if WG had Clubs, Clans, etc., with a separate set of rules of engagement.  Like for instance Ladder systems, I would be good with that.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

4. #4 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I am wanting to set up a few games of top ranking players, sadly in private games, no points are won or lost. Could this be changed?

If you are looking at a 'best of the best' face off.  How about a small tournament where you only invite top ranked players?

Edited Mon 4th Feb 11:30 [history]

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

A tournament would be a good idea.

An i understand the worries of it not being fair. Just seems a shame the only way of getting what I want would be to "cheat" an ensure everyone is on line to join into a game as you launch it.

Off Topic!

6. #6 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Only if you want the game to count in the rankings.  There's plenty of people who just like to play.

I've played about 1500 games public and private and quite a few that I recall fondly were private ones -

7. #7 / 7
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah- the system can be circumvented that way.  Just invite someone when you know they're available to join.  I have invited people to ranked games before.  When it's on a board that is not super popular, they usually have no problem joining before it fills.  What you are describing is not really that different.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)