3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It's not a fully formed plan or anything but:

I would love to be able to choose the number of units to leave behind from the drop down list after I attack, along with the number to transfer into the conquered territory. 

I find myself always thinking,  "I just wanna leave 14 guys here, and move the rest..." and my math is not that good most days.

-"If have 62, and I move 33 then I have 14 left... no wait... 24 left... or.. uhh..."-

Thanks.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

2. #2 / 9
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Be careful what you wish for.  If, for instance, you could change that function (say, in Options), you would never be able to think directly in terms of how many you wish to move forward.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 9
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I want to have both.

Just dreaming a little, maybe the list could have both pieces of information in it or their could be a list for transfer units, and another list for leave behind units.   Then you could pick one. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet
    Edited Wed 2nd Jan 20:36 [history]

4. #4 / 9
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I have often wished for a "T but 2" button when I am rampaging, but want to discourage others from doing the same to me.

Also in games with abandon and revert to neutral a "T but 1" so you keep the territory.

5. #5 / 9
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Not that I really want this, but I have often played in games where I could've used a "T but 3" button.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 9
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

I have often wished for a "T but 2" button when I am rampaging, but want to discourage others from doing the same to me.

Also in games with abandon and revert to neutral a "T but 1" so you keep the territory.

I like this & would also love a 'weaken' button which will attack, but stop attacking before the territory is taken.

I think these would be good premium options as they are purely convenience, but don't affect gameplay at all.

7. #7 / 9
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    Amidon37 wrote:

I like this & would also love a 'weaken' button which will attack, but stop attacking before the territory is taken.

I think these would be good premium options as they are purely convenience, but don't affect gameplay at all.

T but # are convenience, but 'weaken' would potentially affect boards with limited attacks.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

8. #8 / 9
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

good point.  Weaken would probably have to be turned off for boards with limited # of attacks.  Or be a designer option that was available to everyone.

Edited Thu 3rd Jan 10:51 [history]

9. #9 / 9
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

+ 1 to "T but #" and "weaken

Also would be nice to have a "Kamikaze" button that empties the territory when abandon is on.  This would effect gameplay in limited attack games.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)