1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 14
    Standard Member lince
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hi

I have seen players trading cards from players they eliminate during their turn and placing those units in the same turn. I can't find out how can i do this.

Can someone explain?

Many thanks

2. #2 / 14
    Standard Member Jumbolero
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

When you eliminate player you capture his cards, and you must have 5 cards overall to be able to trade them in same turn. For example if you have 2 cards and eliminated player 3 then window show you "you must trade cards". But if you have 2 cards and eliminated player also have 2 than you can't trade this turn, because you don't have 5 cards and you must wait for next turn. Only if you have 5 or more cards after elimination then you are forced to trade.

3. #3 / 14
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It is only possible if the total number of cards they holds is five or greater.  If a "back to card-cashing" was available to designers and was enabled, you could cash even if you held only three. I'm not sure that feature exists though.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Tue 25th Dec 10:58 [history]

4. #4 / 14
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

There are actually three ways you can trade cards in the middle of a turn after an elimination:

1. As Jumbolero said, if the total number of cards you hold after capturing the eliminated player's cards is equal to or greater than the "Maximum number of cards allowed" gameplay setting (usually 5, but it's up to the board designer), then you are forced back into placement phase and must turn in enough sets to get below the limit.

2. Similarly, if there is an elimination bonus and the number of units you receive puts your reserve count over the "Maximum reserve units" setting (again a designer option), then you are forced back into placement phase, and if you have a set you can turn it in no matter how many cards you have.

3. The "return to placement from attack" option is turned on for the map you are playing, in which case you can return to placement phase at any time, and turn in a set if you have one regardless of how many cards you have or whether you just captured them.

5. #5 / 14
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

NewlyIdle wrote:

3. The "return to placement from attack" option is turned on for the map you are playing, in which case you can return to placement phase at any time, and turn in a set if you have one regardless of how many cards you have or whether you just captured them.

I'm not sure this would work.  The actual option is called "return to unit placement from attack."  Can you confirm that when enabled it actually lets you cash cards at any point in your turn?

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 14
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    NewlyIdle wrote:

I'm not sure this would work.  The actual option is called "return to unit placement from attack."  Can you confirm that when enabled it actually lets you cash cards at any point in your turn?

Yes, I've done it many times.  Most recently on Thingol's new Lord of the Gear Rings board, when I didnt notice I had a set at first.

Ah, hum.  But "at any point" begs a clarification.  The "return to placement from attack" only means you can return to placement after you've started attacking.  If you've started fortifying, you also need the "Return to attack after fortify" option to be turned on in order to go back to placement phase.

Edited Tue 25th Dec 20:46 [history]

7. #7 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yep to what NI said!

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

8. #8 / 14
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

NewlyIdle is referring to variations to the rules on some/many of the other boards.  For WarGear WarFare what Jumbolero said is all you need to know.

So, this thread highlights one reason why it is so important to keep track of how many cards your opponents have and (hopefully) eliminate accordingly.

9. #9 / 14
    Standard Member lince
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Many thanks, everybody!!

This was realy helpful. I am waiting for the chance to eliminate someone, to try these tecnics :-)

Cheers!

10. #10 / 14
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Gone!

Edited Fri 4th Jan 17:09 [history]

11. #11 / 14
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Deleted!

Edited Fri 4th Jan 17:10 [history]

12. #12 / 14
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Andernut some of that is wrong (specifically "You may hold 5 cards if you aquired the 5th card after a unit placement phase (ie. eliminating an opponent)." is wrong) .  See NewlyIdle's post #4 for Card Trade-In and Place Reserves logic.

Note: WG functionality does not match TOS functionality completely.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

13. #13 / 14
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Well then, I've been expecting the wrong mechanics and probably missed out on an elimination or two thinking it wouldn't force a trade-in!

Edited Fri 4th Jan 17:11 [history]

14. #14 / 14
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

(Here).  PS I always played 6 or more cards at home also.  I will edit out my answer :)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)