3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 19
    Standard Member suax
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/213765

This guy gets bad luck. He expresses his displeasure and then starts running the clock out for (almost) the entire 10 minutes with each and every turn. I figure he's frustrated and I tolerate him doing it for a few rounds to give him some time to cool his head. When it became clear to me rationality was not going to prevail with this guy, I called him out on his stalling. He cursed me and assumed that he knows me, but got owned with the exchange of words and pretended to leave the game.

He then skipped his turn while I also skipped mine. Afterwards, he tried to pull a fast one and played his turn at the last minute thinking I've gone afk. Another exchange of words ensued, then I managed to talk him out of his futile attempt of stalling the game out of spite.

Avoid playing with this guy.

Edited Fri 7th Dec 15:27 [history]

2. #2 / 19
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

suax does not = Royal Crown, does it?

3. #3 / 19
    Standard Member suax
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

No. I am not Royal Crown. :) Based on a previous thread, I think Royal Crown has made it clear he takes pleasure in prolonging an already won game. I, on the other hand, just want to finish a game and move on to the next one. But this guy is being an ass about losing and is intentionally stalling the game, so I play along with him. :)

4. #4 / 19
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I just looked a number of games that t lost.  The behavior you describe is consistent enough.  I have marked him as an enemy, made a note, and will avoid games with him.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

5. #5 / 19
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Hey Saux,

Good tip. I followed M57's example.

I'm not sure at what point it happened, but I think "news flash: you're the one who's an asshole." may have exacerbated the situation...

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

6. #6 / 19
    Standard Member suax
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hi itsnotatumor,

I believe the situation was already as exacerbated as it could have gotten when he called me an "asshole" for no apparent reason. In fact, I let that pass. But he still kept running the clock out ever single turn while being completely oblivious to how he's acting (like an a**hole). And most likely, that's how he acts every time he plays a bad game (as confirmed by M57). So somebody had to let him know that he is acting like an a**hole. He's not gonna make many friends here in Wargear if he continues to show poor sportsmanship and curses everyone he plays a bad game against.

7. #7 / 19
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Gotcha.  Understandable then. I avoid realtime just to avoid that kind of crap.

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...
    Edited Sun 9th Dec 21:44 [history]

8. #8 / 19
    Standard Member RoyalCrown
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I love how good play turns into stabbing behind the back in the forums. Poor suax, I had much respect for you until I read this.

9. #9 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I do not prolong the games at all... If any of you have played with me you would know that I take my turns in quick matches in less than 1 minute. If you call that prolonging than you are mistaken. I like the red nation to control the world... neutrals and all. 

10. #10 / 19
    Standard Member suax
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Intentionally running out 10-min turns out of spite is good play? LOL

I also had some, not much, respect for you until you pulled this off on me. and on others.

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/230309

11. #11 / 19
    Standard Member suax
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

And no, i didn't even mention you in the original post, somebody suspected that I am you, so I had to say I am not and back that up with the different situations of this game and what you do with yours.

another person mentioned you coz you're obviously very infamous around here. i didn't say anything bad about you, but you felt defensive anyway. really says a lot.

12. #12 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Everybody ghost reading this thread I implore you to read the comments in that game. You will see my point of view.

13. #13 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

suax wrote:

Intentionally running out 10-min turns out of spite is good play? LOL

+1 intentionally running out 10 min turns is bad.

14. #14 / 19
    Standard Member suax
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Not angry, it's more like I find it pathetic (for a lack of a better term).

Like I cringe at the idea that you'd actually create a game like that. It's simply un-playable.

15. #15 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

suax wrote:

Like I cringe at the idea that you'd actually create a game like that. It's simply un-playable.

That is an opinion. I could find somebody that can play them. Just because you couldn't doesn't mean the global WarGear community couldn't.

16. #16 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I find it pathetic you would get so angry over not looking at the rules/timing of the game to post it on public forum. It makes me cringe that the forum has become a place to bash people.

17. #17 / 19
    Standard Member suax
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Again, not angry. You "could" find. yea.

Totally made it clear that it was my fault and not yours. Not bashing either. Simply warning others who might get in the same situation as me. Surely, I am not the first. There would be more.

18. #18 / 19
    Brigadier General Dud Dud is offline now
    Premium Member Dud
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have found Royal Crown to be a very quality player on this site.  The vocal words of this thread are a discouragement and it gives me more satisfaction of why I am taking a WG break.....

19. #19 / 19
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Thank you for the kind words Dud. You as well have been a respectable and quality player. The WarGear community, I'm sure, is sad to see you go. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)