1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 35
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This request has been bumping around a while in various forms - it started as a way to show when you had gained or lost championship points and has 

The Public event Ticker is linked at the bottom of the page and shows all Public game and tournament events.

The personalized event Ticker is for Premium Members only - you can find this on your Profile Page under 'Ticker'. It carries events that are applicable to you only.

2. #2 / 35
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

This is really excellent, Tom!  I like the ability to easily filter the ticker.

Very well done.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

3. #3 / 35
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Couple of teething problems atm that I'm working on.

4. #4 / 35
    Lieutenant poq poq is offline now
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

That looks pretty cool! A great way to find out about all these little things that would have slipped my mind otherwise.

While you're working on it: I just learned from my ticker that someone was eliminated in one of my fogged games. Isn't that information obfuscated in the player?

5. #5 / 35
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Automatic updating of the ticker is working now - you shouldn't need to refresh the page to get updates.

6. #6 / 35
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I was just playing a game and a notification popped up, but I wasn't quick enough looking up to read it. Now with the Ticker available I can go back and check it. Pretty cool!

Pretty much all sites and operating systems that feature notifications like that put the notifications (or ticker) in a very prominent location to be highly accessible. I am thinking facebook, osx notification center, ios/android, etc. There you can use the notifications pretty much as you information hub to get around.

Why not put it here: http://d.pr/i/y1Z9, so you can access it with one click all the time? Also, I am not sure it is part of the profile. The profile is more about content, statistics, etc. but the ticker is a notification system just for you. It's more like messaging system, only that the messages are sent exclusively by the system.

7. #7 / 35
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

poq wrote:

...I just learned from my ticker that someone was eliminated in one of my fogged games. Isn't that information obfuscated in the player?

Good catch, I saw this too.  This information should be hidden in Medium, Heavy, and Total fogged games IMO.

Also, can the Ticker filters be additive?  Meaning I can sort by both Eliminations and Messages or any other combination of the filters?

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

8. #8 / 35
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

poq wrote:

That looks pretty cool! A great way to find out about all these little things that would have slipped my mind otherwise.

While you're working on it: I just learned from my ticker that someone was eliminated in one of my fogged games. Isn't that information obfuscated in the player?

Good point - I'll fix this.

9. #9 / 35
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Awesome feature!

What's the time range for this list? Tickers are going to get long fast aren't they?  Will they paginate at some point or just drop off?

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

10. #10 / 35
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Looks like Private messages show up in the Ticker when viewing someone else's Ticker as well, those probably shouldn't display should they?  Semi-related, I'm not sure Team Messages should either, at least not unless you are on that Team as they are essentially Private messages too.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

11. #11 / 35
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Seems like there should be a hidden "private" flag so that some things on your ticker only get shown to you.

Similarly fogged things should show up when the game is over.

12. #12 / 35
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

most of these privacy issues would not be a problem if the ticker were a private thing...

13. #13 / 35
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

• Private tickers are now completely private
    • Elimination events only show on Public ticker in non Fog games
    • Elimination events only show in Private tickers if you are on the same team as the eliminated or eliminating seat
    • Moved ticker link from Profile to menu bar

Thanks for the feedback as always Smile

14. #14 / 35
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Thanks for taking care of the site :-)

15. #15 / 35
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Bummer about removing other player's tickers, I kind of liked that.

Could it include Turn Completed actions? Not sure if this would work well with SG (unless it was Order Placed), but seems like it would be kind of cool for Turn-Based.

16. #16 / 35
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

What did you use it for?

17. #17 / 35
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Could it include Turn Completed actions? Not sure if this would work well with SG (unless it was Order Placed), but seems like it would be kind of cool for Turn-Based.

Do you mean other players' completed turns in your games? I'd like that too.

Also, what about 'my turn' notifications? I think they'd fit well in there.

18. #18 / 35
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Is there a bug with listing the tournament link?

http://d.pr/i/ww96

19. #19 / 35
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

poq wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

What did you use it for?

In retrospect anything which appears on another player's ticker and not on the Public ticker is private to that person (i.e. private game / private message / team message etc). So it shouldn't be visible.

What could work is a player filter on the Public ticker - that would be all Public events relevant to that player, what do you think?

20. #20 / 35
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

What could work is a player filter on the Public ticker - that would be all Public events relevant to that player, what do you think?

you can check different players by changing the filter on that page without having to navigate to another. sounds like an elegant solution. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)