3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member RoyalCrown
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Hello, 

Let me start by saying I love your site. I recently switched over from a competitors site and WarGear is far superior. 

The reason I am posting is because I recently played a game with player timmy888. I created a game and he surrendered before one turn was even taken. I realize this happens in games but I believe that one should at least take one turn before giving up. I left a review on his board and he proceeded to leave malicious comments on my board. Not one, but multiple derogatory comments. I wanted my comments to be available to public forum. 

To all future players of timmy888, proceed with the knowledge that he is a quitter and will also leave malicious comments for no reason.

2. #2 / 6
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I absolutely think people should play out their games -

but, he wasn't going to win -

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/158658

Welcome to Wargear -

3. #3 / 6
    Standard Member RoyalCrown
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I would agree, he probably wasn't going to win. I'm not really as angry about the surrender as I am the multiple derogatory comments he left on my page. Really unnecessary.

4. #4 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It looks to me like Timmy took his turn, was unable to stop you from holding Australia, knew the game was all but unwinnable, and surrendered - not unlike a player resigns in the game of chess.  I respectfully disagree with Amidon's comment. Think of the resignation as a courtesy so you don't have to play the game out.  I do it myself on occasion, though I probably would have waited one more turn in the case of the game in question. You are only able to surrender when a game is down to two players.

BTW, I can see why non-Premium members would choose to surrender in games that are all but lost because of game count issues.

I have checked your wall only a few hours after your post and I don't see any inflammatory posts. 

Welcome to Wargear -  It really is a great place to play and the forum community is very active - Don't let one experience put a bad taste in your mouth.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

5. #5 / 6
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

RoyalCrown wrote:

I would agree, he probably wasn't going to win. I'm not really as angry about the surrender as I am the multiple derogatory comments he left on my page. Really unnecessary.

Certainly.   Insults are not what this site is about -

@M57 - And I do agree there are times when a surrender is fine - this looks like one of them -

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

RoyalCrown wrote:

To all future players of timmy888, proceed with the knowledge that he is a quitter and will also leave malicious comments for no reason.

I wish he'd surrender in my games with him - he's a pretty good player!

That kind of stuff is unnecessary, but it happens, and we all move on to the next battle. Anyway, you'll find that sort of thing is rare here. Welcome to the site!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)