209 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

is there a way to play a game against yourself/computer, it would be nice for dev. games?

2. #2 / 12
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

you'd have to create a secondary testing account. it's been generally accepted that you can have more than one account for play testing purposes as long as that second one NEVER plays a live game and sticks to DEV games. tho it's kinda difficult on one machine seeing that you have to login/out each time you take a turn.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 12
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i thought that was the case.:( i really dont want to set up another account. i'm kinda surprised were not allowed to play by ourselves, not only would it be helpful for dev. games, but it would help understanding some of the more confusing boards out there. plus then maybe i could see what the adv. are in that crazy invention board!

4. #4 / 12
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I support this not only for dev games but as j-bomb says, for learning a new board. However, any self-play has to be private... just like in real life ;)

e^ix=cos x + i*sin x. Tell your friends.
    Edited Mon 26th Mar 15:28 [history]

5. #5 / 12
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

you don't have to login/out if you have more than one browser installed.  Just use a separate browser for each player.  Or if you have chrome you can use an incognito window for the second player.

As for Invention, is the description not clear, or do you just want to see things in action?  I'd be happy to setup a private game with some friends if you want (or we can play 1 on 1).  I'm actually just wrapping up a bunch of changes to Invention that make the games a lot more balanced and more fun to play.  It should be done in the next week or so. 

Edited Mon 26th Mar 15:35 [history]

6. #6 / 12
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

the game, and description are great. i just have yet to establish a good strategy and i have not even gotten into a game when the life bonus has been a factor.
    in fact i don't think i have gotten to vaccines.
    but that's another reason to be able to play yourself.

7. #7 / 12
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yes, in the currently available version, war (red) techs dominate.  In the reworked version I think all techs are equally valuable.  It took many many test games to get to this point (thanks to CK66, Cona Chris & Livia).

8. #8 / 12
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

looking forward to the new version!

9. #9 / 12
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

j-bomb wrote: i thought that was the case.:( i really dont want to set up another account. i'm kinda surprised were not allowed to play by ourselves, not only would it be helpful for dev. games, but it would help understanding some of the more confusing boards out there. plus then maybe i could see what the adv. are in that crazy invention board!

This will eventually be a feature of the Player. It will allow the board designer you to play any seat in a Dev game.

For now it's fine to create a separate testing account.

10. #10 / 12
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i just created another acct. am i allowed to play privatly with my test account on other games or is it only for testing new boards?
    by the way being able to play AGAINST myself (hugh) lol, has been extremely helpful in developing my board.

11. #11 / 12
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I would say that playing anything other than your own Dev games with that account would be frowned upon if not forbidden.  I wouldn't even use it for the Dev games of others just to be safe.

Yeh - There are certain types of boards where developing them with a Dev account in your back pocket can really come in handy.  Sounds like tom has a solution in the offing so this will all be moot soon enough.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

12. #12 / 12
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

As long as it is a private game and any other players (if there are any) are aware that you are operating both accounts it's fine.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)