219 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 40
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

no i saved as jpeg. will that matter? also i was wondering what you all see and can do when you open the link. are you able to move the transparency bar on the design page or am i the only one who can adjust it. i say this because when i open up the design it looks okay to me and i can slide the bars and make the image look the way i imagine it would look when the territory's are full.

2. #22 / 40
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The transparency bars on the design page has no function other than to assist you seeing how things work. Just to be safe -- use png for everything.  It's compact ..and who knows, transparency issues might be related to how the alpha channel works across layers.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #23 / 40
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Don't save as jpeg for the fill layer.  The way jpeg encodes it doesn't keep the exact same color across areas.  PNG-24 has the best alpha (transparency) support also, so any sort of graphically elaborate map will probably want PNG-24 as the board image.  Usually use PNG-8 for the fill & fog maps usually, and sometimes for the board image if you just have on/off transparency and not levels of transparency.  If you need different amounts of transparent then use PNG-24.

4. #24 / 40
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i remade everything and saved to png. i did'nt see any options for png-8 or png-24. i don't even understand the difference though. it looks the same to me but i may be wrong.http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/3439

5. #25 / 40
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Seems to be working now.  What's the problem?

Now just clear a little line of pixels from one of those rubber-bandy things to the one behind it on the fill map and you're good to go.. provided it's clear on the board image.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.

6. #26 / 40
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

If you are using Paint.net when you are choosing what to save as (PNG 8/24 etc.)  look at the transparent areas on your board.  At lower levels they come out filled it/white on higher levels they stay transparent.

7. #27 / 40
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I think you have too much in your fill image.  The fill image should just be the blobs that are the territories under your image.  Those blobs can't touch either - some other color (which won't be seen) has to be between them.

Look at gunslinger and see what happens when you pull the Board Transparency slider to the left.

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/3350

8. #28 / 40
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

getting better j-bomb! did you end up deleting the territory areas on the board layer as opposed to partially transparent? lots to do still to fix it up a bit more:
    - figure out how much of the territories you want to make up the area. for example: the baskets, do you want the whole basket to be the territory or just the portion? same with the bands and the persons.
    - once thats figured out do as A37 says and get rid of the extraneous data from the fill board.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #29 / 40
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

A37 - thought the png8/24 stuff was an add-in. could be why he's not seeing it.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

10. #30 / 40
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

thanks again everyone, i'm still pluging away at things trying to get use to all the tools and stuff all the advice is awsome.it is very frustrating, i don't know how you all do it.

11. #31 / 40
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

You might look into using the layers function.  That would allow you to fill in the rest of the pipe and coat while leaving opaque obstructions over the territories.

12. #32 / 40
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

It isn't easy j until you know it - what you are trying to do (partial see through image layer) is a hard start for your first board -

Another thread to read if you haven't

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1441p1/Calling_Edward_Nygma_out

keep at it - it does get better -

13. #33 / 40
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

how do i have one side start with more units in the initial set up?

14. #34 / 40
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

also is there a way to save one scenario and then make a duplicate so that if i don't like future changes i can just go back to the orig. version?

15. #35 / 40
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

j-bomb wrote: how do i have one side start with more units in the initial set up?

On the territories tab in the designer, choose set-up.

16. #36 / 40
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

j-bomb wrote: also is there a way to save one scenario and then make a duplicate so that if i don't like future changes i can just go back to the orig. version?

sorry. I misinterpreted your question when you asked privately if it was possible to undo.  I interpreted as "go back and redo it manually"

Best way to doe what you want is probably to down-load the xml at whatever points you want to "save" so you can go back to previous settings by uploading the file back into the scenario (or other scenarios. Of course it won't apply to your images.

17. #37 / 40
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

j-bomb wrote: how do i have one side start with more units in the initial set up?

think that's as easy as putting different amount in the territories when selecting use initial setup setting. been a long time since i did 'Circles' which utilized that so i don't remember the specifics without giving a detailed look.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

18. #38 / 40
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

j-bomb wrote: also is there a way to save one scenario and then make a duplicate so that if i don't like future changes i can just go back to the orig. version?

there is a way to make scenarios. click on the '0' in the scenarios column in your board designer. you need to then add a minimum of 2 scenarios. if you only add 1 then you'll only have one there. (it doesn't keep your default and add a scen if you only pick one). to then change things in them you have to click the padlock icon to unlock whichever piece you need to alter.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

19. #39 / 40
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

You can also make a copy the entire board by right-clicking in the "actions" column off your main board-designer page

20. #40 / 40
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Also, you can set the 1st round bonuses by hand  under the 'colors' tab.  So you can either set their bonuses on the board (make sure to turn on the rule 'Initial setup: setup based') or you can set how many units they get to place,or both.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)