2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member Clausewitz
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hey all,

I'm new, just wondering if there's a way to create a public game, but prevent one person from joining?  I'm in a few games with a guy who seems to always take close to the full 2 days.  Sometimes he misses a turn, but then plays the next one and doesn't get booted...it's just REALLY annoying.

2. #2 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

not as a standard member. if you become premium then you can mark others as enemies and if those enemies are standard members they can't join games you're in.

oh, and welcome!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Wed 8th Feb 10:10 [history]

3. #3 / 10
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

not as a standard member. if you become premium then you can mark others as enemies and if those enemies are standard members they can't join games you're in.

Are you sure about this?  Can they not join ALL games you are already in, including those you have started?

If this were the case, I could make all the top players my enemies and never have to playi them..

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

4. #4 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i thought so, maybe i explained poorly.
    premium can set 'enemies', which blocks non-premium. and premium was exempt from this blocking. but AFAIK, that's the way enemies works for standards

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Premium Membership

Set Enemies - block non-Premium members from joining the same game as you or sending you unwanted messages

--From the Help page

Edited Wed 8th Feb 13:16 [history]

6. #6 / 10
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks guys, this is all good.  But my original question remains.  When you set an enemy, can you block that one person from your game (even if their a premium member)?  And for blocking non-premium members, can you block individual ones or are you blocking all of them en mass?

7. #7 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

The only case you can block a person is when you are premium, they are standard and you set them as an enemy. (You are blocking individual people.)

In all other cases, no, you cannot stop a person from joining your game.

So, most likely, you cannot stop this person.

This was done to insure that the rankings were as fair as possible.  Otherwise you could climb the rankings by blocking all the top players.

Other options -

You can play private games, which are only open to people you invite.  These do not count for rankings.

You can wait and join games that are nearly full so that you can look and see who is already in the game.

You can join games, keep an eye on them, and leave them before they start if you see someone join you do not want to play with.

8. #8 / 10
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Clausewitz wrote:

Thanks guys, this is all good.  But my original question remains.  When you set an enemy, can you block that one person from your game (even if their a premium member)? And for blocking non-premium members, can you block individual ones or are you blocking all of them en mass?

Thought it was clear...

When you set an enemy, that one person is blocked from your games ONLY if he is a standard member.

And you can block non-premium members only by setting them as an enemy, which mean individualy. I wish it could be possible to block them en mass, so we would have a premium mebers club playing between themselves. This has been discused in some other thread but many disagreed with me.

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

9. #9 / 10
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

... You can wait and join games that are nearly full so that you can look and see who is already in the game...

This is what I do.

Amidon, we replyed at the same time but you was faster than me.

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

10. #10 / 10
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Great, thanks for the tips all.  So it looks like I'm stuck with this guy.  On the positive side, he's in...6 games of mine (I'm not a premium member and so can only have 10 going...so that's a high %) and he's about to get booted in all of them which will be nice.  He's pretty much had most of my games hostage for the past week.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)