1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 15
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Can I get a button that says [Attack All other locations on the map] for special locations and artillary etc.?

Also:

Can I get a button to simulate what the board will look like during play, including attacks with modifiers?  Its really hard to tell with the black lines whats going on sometimes.  During play I can really tell where I screwed up on a map much easier.

If these button exist, I apologize.  Still getting use to the interface.

Thanks!

2. #2 / 15
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

if you go to the board view page for any board and copy the number at the end of the url from your design page and paste it in place of the game title there's a good view of borders per territory.

3. #3 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

While an "Attack All Other" would be quicker, the Tether bordering technique allows fairly quick setting of 1 to many borders.

4. #4 / 15
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I wouldn't mind a toggle that hid all the existing borders until I clicked it again and it brought them back. On some of the maps I've made (and one that I'm making) it can get that there are so many borders I can't see what I'm doing.

In your Face!

5. #5 / 15
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Also, some filters to show border types: one-way, two-way, standard, artillery, modified or not, etc.

In your Face!

6. #6 / 15
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

I tried what Ed posted and it worked out really well.  Perhaps there should be an automatic button on the map maker area to go to that view instead of jury rigging the URL.

BTW - I am NOT complaining. I am just trying to make the world a better place with more awesome suggestions.

7. #7 / 15
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

Also, some filters to show border types: one-way, two-way, standard, artillery, modified or not, etc.

+1

8. #8 / 15
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

And perhaps a way to see how different levels of fog will appear to the players during gameplay- especially with custom fog.

BTW - I am NOT complaining. I am just trying to make the world a better place with more awesome suggestions.

9. #9 / 15
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I don't know if this would satisfy your request Severene, but I'd like a 'view as Player X' button in dev games.  I can already go and turn off fog and save my map to 'cheat' if I wanted, but this would give me a better sense of how my fog & view borders are working.

10. #10 / 15
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Yes, that would do nicely.  Anything to let me perfect it before people get a real good look at it.  Plus, there are always bugs I dont notice in the creation phase that show up during play.  [View-as-Player-X] would let me see it from a different angle prior to even a trial run.

11. #11 / 15
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It would be nice in general to be able to set up mock trial games where you, as the designer, get to play all the seats. Would be handy for all of the reasons listed above, as well as giving a crude sense of gameplay.

12. #12 / 15
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Kjeld wrote:

It would be nice in general to be able to set up mock trial games where you, as the designer, get to play all the seats. Would be handy for all of the reasons listed above, as well as giving a crude sense of gameplay.

Yes! That would be great!

+1!

13. #13 / 15
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'm assuming that's what the testing aliases were for, but it was terribly inconvient to log off/on everytime...this could be quite useful

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

14. #14 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Severene wrote:

And perhaps a way to see how different levels of fog will appear to the players during gameplay- especially with custom fog.

May already know this or be talking about something different, but you know if you slide the Fill Transparency all the way to the left on the Design tab of the Board Designer it will show you your Custom Fog image.

15. #15 / 15
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks for all the suggestions, when the next designer update is made I'll try and incorporate as many of these as possible.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)