201 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ok, I really have always wanted to do this but never sure how to do it fairly.  The map is set up so some characters are stronger in some maps and weaker in others so I'm not sure how to do it.  I get I could do a 16 player team game but I would never want to play that.  Any suggestions?

2. #2 / 10
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

If you did do a 16 player one, you could give the weaker players more starting units to help them get somewhere useful. But I think 16 players could result in some fast elims.

You could have one where everyone gets one maze uncontested... people would have to get bonuses, and then decide how soon to move against an enemy maze... to increase aggression, you'd remove/reduce neutrals on the warps between mazes.

You could also have try to rank the 16 characters and their starting... if someone gets 1, they could also get 16... might be very subjective/hard to measure in some ways.

My vote... get the other gauntlet map over here! it had lots of bonuses that would be excellent for larger games!

3. #3 / 10
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

Ok, I really have always wanted to do this but never sure how to do it fairly.  The map is set up so some characters are stronger in some maps and weaker in others so I'm not sure how to do it.  I get I could do a 16 player team game but I would never want to play that.  Any suggestions?

Two suggestions, each one being a 4 x 4 team game (i.e. 4 teams of 4 players).

1) The team chooses Thyra, Questor, Merlin, or Thor.  Each player is assigned that color in each square.  Eliminate the Exit tunnels but enable Team Unit Placement. 

Idea is that you must dominate your square then team place units to help them win their square.  The starting imbalance would require good teamplay. Might have to add and/or redistribute a bonus (esp. for Thyra).

2) Each team is assigned one Thyra, one Questor, one Merlin, and One Thor.  Would probably have to randomize so one team doesn't own an entire quad.  Gameplay same as #1.

Let me know...I'd love to test!

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

4. #4 / 10
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If you eliminate the exit tunnels, couldn't a different team each conquer one square, and then neither team can eliminate?

5. #5 / 10
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Just put a 100-stack of neutrals on the exit, would solve that problem pretty well, I would think.

6. #6 / 10
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

My goal is to try and come up with an 8 player team game.  4 teams of 2 would be my choice.  What about each team picks a character and then each player gets 2 starting positions on each map?

7. #7 / 10
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It would require significant revisions, but it would be cool if you could set up a 2v2v2v2 scenario where each pair of teammates had distinct roles to play. For example, if one player was the brute force while the other was support, surveillance and sabotage or something like that. Maybe should be saved for a different map, but it could work for Gauntlet, methinks.

8. #8 / 10
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

why not just do a whole new map? would the work be prohibitive? then it could be one big maze, and have more pickups as bonuses. defeat monsters (with neutrals) and you get XP or points, which is in essence more armies

9. #9 / 10
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You could make it a race between the teams -- confine them to separate "levels" and the victor is the first team to work together to beat their level.

10. #10 / 10
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

You could make it a race between the teams -- confine them to separate "levels" and the victor is the first team to work together to beat their level.

This idea has potential.  The team takes over a map and then has to decide how to take out the other players in the other maps.  I kinda like that idea.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)