202 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

So, I'm sitting in an airport in Norway, and playing WG.
    A Frenchman saw me playing and asked about the game. 
    He wasn't familiar with Risk so I had to explain the basics of the game.
    I showed the site, and explained how much fun it was.

His response:
    "You damn Americans are so aggressive you even play board games about war."
    When I told him it was actually a Frenchman who invented the game, he scoffed and walked away.

Sorry I couldn't convince him to join our "little club" (as he called it)...but I'm guessing we're better off without him.

2. #2 / 9
    Standard Member Sako
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

AHAHAHA

That is so cliche. And i am sure he was having "ze typically fRRench accent" too !

3. #3 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Very amusing Smile

4. #4 / 9
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

When I told him it was actually a Frenchman who invented the game, he scoffed and walked away.

I'm impressed you knew that.  You should have told him it was the same guy that made "The Red Balloon".

5. #5 / 9
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

He was probably just annoyed that this would be another "war" they would lose, so he decided not to play.  {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

6. #6 / 9
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

awesome Beastly... lol...

should have told him it was about being flowers, and when you try to move to another part of the earth, the people accept you and replace you as the national flower if they want you... defenders show low #s when they want you to be their new national flower, if they don't, they show high numbers. Of course if you keep trying, they might change their mind. sometimes they are undecided, and you only sway 1 person to your flower.

7. #7 / 9
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Gimli wrote:

awesome Beastly... lol...

should have told him it was about being flowers, and when you try to move to another part of the earth, the people accept you and replace you as the national flower if they want you... defenders show low #s when they want you to be their new national flower, if they don't, they show high numbers. Of course if you keep trying, they might change their mind. sometimes they are undecided, and you only sway 1 person to your flower.

Good idea.  He probably wouldn't think to ask why there weren't any dice mods for Holland.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

8. #8 / 9
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I'm impressed you knew that.  You should have told him it was the same guy that made "The Red Balloon".

I actually didn't know that it was the same guy, just knew it was a film director from France, and a crappy one at that.

I remember that movie from High School:  It was 40 minutes of my life I'm never getting back, and someone definitely owes me for.

9. #9 / 9
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Beastlymaster wrote:

He was probably just annoyed that this would be another "war" they would lose, so he decided not to play.  {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Bravo Beastly, bravo.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)