230 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member Gamester
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

If some unnamed player mistakenly posted a message that was supposed to go to his team but instead posted it as a public message, is there any way to delete it?  I've seen the delete option, does it go away as soon as there is another post such as my, I mean some unnamed players, teammate posts to me about the mistake.   At least I waited until it was a really juicy one that outlined our team strategy for all to see :->  Is it possible to email a sysadmin to get it deleted?

2. #2 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

You've got 5 minutes to delete a message after it's been sent.

3. #3 / 11
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Been there and it kind of sucks, but it is those kind of things that keep the game fun. Kind of like lug nuts in a NASCAR race. Total bummer for you, I mean some unnamed player.

4. #4 / 11
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

The best resolution is to start another game and forget that it happened.  I've been there as well.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

5. #5 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

if your...someone's teammate see's it and PM's the said poster to delete it...I've had to do that with my teammate before. posting in the in-game blocks your ability to delete it.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

The best resolution is to start another game and forget that it happened.  I've been there as well.

Or play the Sicilian reversal.  Now they know what you were planning on doing, so use that to lure them into a trap.

Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

7. #7 / 11
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member Gamester
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Thanks for the suggestions.  I really like the lure them into a trap idea.  Hopefully they don't read the Support forum. 

9. #9 / 11
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    Alpha wrote:

Or play the Sicilian reversal.  Now they know what you were planning on doing, so use that to lure them into a trap.

Generally, I drink from the bottle in front of me.  Which reminds me - if you think he suspects the Sicilian you can always try the Frontal Lobotomy Refused ..unless he is Australian. 

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member Min Lei
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hey guys. I’ve noticed that sometimes when I hit the delete button, the comment doesn’t delete, but rather reestablishes and the delete option disappears. What is that about? And why can only the most recent post be deleted?

Reading this thread you guys make it sound like this is intentional, but it really feels like a glitch or an error in the programming. Why not add the same delete and edit options to the in-game messages that we have here in the forum?

Edited Mon 29th Jul 16:16 [history]

11. #11 / 11
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Don't quote me, but I think that the "delete" option appears when you first write the message, but since the messages box isn't refreshing, if the 5 minute limit (after which you're not allowed to delete) has expired before clicking the delete then the delete button just isn't working.  As a result, the page refreshes, and your comment sticks.  That's my recollection/experience, at least.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)