194 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I know this has been talked about before, but I can't find it so I'm asking again.  I'm creating a map for 2-4 players, but I want the setup to be specific.  I'd like seat one to be in the upper left, seat two in the lower right, seat three in the upper right and seat four in the lower left.  I have assigned the setup to be this, and setup the rules to be setup based, but it's not working quite right.

I don't know if this is possible, but if it is I am ignorant as to which settings need to be on the board.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Beastlymaster

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

2. #2 / 9
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think you can do it by color assigning order to color.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 9
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, I was hoping to avoid that so someone doesn't just pick a certain color and go first every time.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

4. #4 / 9
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Does it work that way? -- Can't you make it so that seats are randomly assigned -- I'm pretty sure I was able to do this with my Appomattox board.  Check the settings..

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Tue 28th Jun 18:51 [history]

5. #5 / 9
    Standard Member CK66
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I think you want to use the "Lock order in which seats take turns" option on the Initial Setup tab. Turn that on. Then make sure the next option "Lock bonus and cards to seat or color" is set to Seat. The option under that is the Lock color option. Make sure that is off. That should enable players to pick whatever color they want. At the start of the game, players will be randomly assigned a seat (1-4). Those seats, though, should always go in order.

6. #6 / 9
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

CK66 wrote:

I think you want to use the "Lock order in which seats take turns" option on the Initial Setup tab. Turn that on. Then make sure the next option "Lock bonus and cards to seat or color" is set to Seat. The option under that is the Lock color option. Make sure that is off. That should enable players to pick whatever color they want. At the start of the game, players will be randomly assigned a seat (1-4). Those seats, though, should always go in order.

This sounds exactly like what I was going to say.  Let me (us) know if it doesn't work.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

7. #7 / 9
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm going to go with...you can't do what you really want to do Beastly, without making multiple Scenarios (one for 2 players, one for 3 players, and one for 4 players), or else you have to Lock Colors, otherwise the 2 player game could potentially start with Seat 1 and Seat 4 allocated to the players and things like that.

If you would like to be totally confused on the subject {#emotions_dlg.spin}, feel free to travel through this whole twilight zone thread: http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1505p1/Lock_Order_In_Which_Seats_Take_Turns

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

8. #8 / 9
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Oh sorry, I missed that all important "2-" in your post Beastly.  Sometimes details matter.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

9. #9 / 9
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's what I thought had been said in previous posts, but I wanted to make sure.  Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)