223 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 24
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

When can a person turn in cards? I just took a turn in a game with return to placement, but I wasn't able to turn in any of my matching cards after having taken parts of my turn. I don't know if they turned off after placement, an attack, or a fortify, but somewhere along the way, they did. Anyone know at what points cards are activated?

Compromise is for when you're wrong and you know it.

2. #2 / 24
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi Cramchakle - what's the gameid? Will take a look - you should be able to trade at any time if return to placement is enabled.

3. #3 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Doesn't look like you can get back to Placement if you don't leave any in Reserve (I'm assuming if you leave some in Reserve you can get back there and therefore back to Cards). At least when I just took my turn on your Infection map after I placed my units I could get back to Place tab.

Yertle is here.

4. #4 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm assuming http://www.wargear.net/games/view/4289

Yertle is here.

5. #5 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

By the way, I think I noticed that you are FORCED to turn in at the Max Card Count. So if you have 2 cards, then eliminate and capture 3 cards (and Max is 5), then you are FORCED back to Placement even if Return to Placement is Off and you don't capture any Reserves/No Elimination Bonus. This is different from WF where you could potentially have 5 cards at the end of your turn and receive another for a total of 6 cards. (At least I think this is how it is here!)

Yertle is here.

6. #6 / 24
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

And it should be that way, IMO. The most cards you should ever be able to have at the end of your turn is 5, including the one you get at the end. If you have 5 cards and another card coming you should be forced to trade them in regardless of whether return to placement is on or not.

Of course if the game is set to allow as many cards as you want, that doesn't apply.

7. #7 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Aye, I'm not sure WF has it right, WG is probably more correct (although you should be able to do Attacks/Fortifies if Return to Placement is On before you are forced to Card Turn In), just a potential difference between the two sites.

Yertle is here.

8. #8 / 24
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: By the way, I think I noticed that you are FORCED to turn in at the Max Card Count. So if you have 2 cards, then eliminate and capture 3 cards (and Max is 5), then you are FORCED back to Placement even if Return to Placement is Off and you don't capture any Reserves/No Elimination Bonus. This is different from WF where you could potentially have 5 cards at the end of your turn and receive another for a total of 6 cards. (At least I think this is how it is here!)

Yes, that was a deliberate decision - it should never be possible to have more than the max card limit at the start of your turn (i.e. after being awarded a card).

9. #9 / 24
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The other bit sounds like a bug, I'll take a look at it.

10. #10 / 24
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Should be fixed now - let me know how you go with it.

11. #11 / 24
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yertle is right on the game guess. And your guess might be right regarding why, too. I tried to turn in after I emptied my reserves, thus, Placement lockout, and apparently card lockout as well.

12. #12 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Something is still jacked... I'm receiving this "Placed unit count of 3 exceeds player's reserves of 0" in game http://www.wargear.net/games/player/4316 .  I can either Retry or Cancel.  Retry just brings the box back up, Cancel lets me proceed.

Yertle is here.

13. #13 / 24
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It worked for me this morning.

14. #14 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Looking for confirmation on the following (this doesn't really have to do with Return to Attack, just a Cards turn in question)...
    Cards max of 5, I have B/B/C/A/B so I can either turn in A/B/C or B/B/B, does the system know I have to turn in a B so I only select A/C or B/B? I am quite sure this just occurred to me in a game to where I only had to select 2 cards (and could only select 2 cards) and then the Turn in button was available, and unavailable if I selected 3 (A/B/C or B/B/B). This seems pretty strange to me, so just looking to see if this has happened to anyone else or if I just wasn't looking close enough in the Cards tab.

Yertle is here.
    Edited Wed 25th Nov 11:10 [history]

15. #15 / 24
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm guessing the latter. I still have trouble distinguishing which cards are "highlighted" and which aren't when I go to turn in.

Yertle escribio:

By the way, I think I noticed that you are FORCED to turn in at the Max Card Count. So if you have 2 cards, then eliminate and capture 3 cards (and Max is 5), then you are FORCED back to Placement even if Return to Placement is Off and you don't capture any Reserves/No Elimination Bonus.

I think I disagree with this? I thought I had a case where I ended a turn with 6 (frustrated that I couldn't trade from 5 mid-turn, which I had planned on doing that turn), but that could have been days ago before Tom was playing with this...

This is different from WF where you could potentially have 5 cards at the end of your turn and receive another for a total of 6 cards. (At least I think this is how it is here!)

The absolute worst thing about this at WF was the behavior of mid-turn card trades depended on a bunch of seemingly unrelated other factors in the game, like reserve army settings and phase switching... and I could NEVER FREAKING TELL if I was going to be able to trade from 5 mid-turn.

16. #16 / 24
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Would Like To Have a Window Come Up When You Have Matching Cards Please

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

17. #17 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think the Place tab should dither out when you place all your units and you don't have a Card set. Currently you can go back to it but can't actually do anything there.

Yertle is here.

18. #18 / 24
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Something is still jacked... I'm receiving this "Placed unit count of 3 exceeds player's reserves of 0" in game http://www.wargear.net/games/player/4316 . I can either Retry or Cancel. Retry just brings the box back up, Cancel lets me proceed.

Usually that error occurs when the Player is out of sync with the server, e.g. the server has placed the 3 units correctly but the Player did not receive a transmission OK message from the server so it thinks the command failed.

Yertle wrote:

Cards max of 5, I have B/B/C/A/B so I can either turn in A/B/C or B/B/B, does the system know I have to turn in a B so I only select A/C or B/B? I am quite sure this just occurred to me in a game to where I only had to select 2 cards (and could only select 2 cards) and then the Turn in button was available, and unavailable if I selected 3 (A/B/C or B/B/B).

Both the Player and the game engine are supposed to check this so it shouldn't be possible, I've never seen it happen personally but there could be a bug. Do you have a gameid, if so I can check the logs.

asm wrote:

I think I disagree with this? I thought I had a case where I ended a turn with 6 (frustrated that I couldn't trade from 5 mid-turn, which I had planned on doing that turn), but that could have been days ago before Tom was playing with this...

Would be really helpful if next time you see something like this you stop playing and let me know... or if you have a gameid I should be able to track it down.

RiskyBack wrote:

Would Like To Have a Window Come Up When You Have Matching Cards Please

Will be a change in tonight's Player release which will help with this.

Yertle wrote:

I think the Place tab should dither out when you place all your units and you don't have a Card set. Currently you can go back to it but can't actually do anything there.

Agreed!

19. #19 / 24
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Cards max of 5, I have B/B/C/A/B so I can either turn in A/B/C or B/B/B, does the system know I have to turn in a B so I only select A/C or B/B? I am quite sure this just occurred to me in a game to where I only had to select 2 cards (and could only select 2 cards) and then the Turn in button was available, and unavailable if I selected 3 (A/B/C or B/B/B).

Both the Player and the game engine are supposed to check this so it shouldn't be possible, I've never seen it happen personally but there could be a bug. Do you have a gameid, if so I can check the logs.

I'll watch for it again, I think it was on Risky's Romania map and could have been a similar problem as EM was having.

Yertle is here.

20. #20 / 24
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Risky's already done a Romania map! Darn him for taking it first!

I agree with "Cram-Chackle"

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)