200 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

So i was thinking the other day that it would be cool if you made a board with limited attacks, but would get continents that added. 

For instance, if there's a space board with abandon on, you could only have 4  attacks a turn (thus move 4 spaces). But if you captured a rocket booster for your ship it would add +1 attack per turn.

I've never heard of this thought, and know it's not some little tweak, but figured i'd throw it out there. :)

Grace and Peace to you from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Chirst

2. #2 / 7
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Jigler wrote:

So i was thinking the other day that it would be cool if you made a board with limited attacks, but would get continents that added. 

For instance, if there's a space board with abandon on, you could only have 4  attacks a turn (thus move 4 spaces). But if you captured a rocket booster for your ship it would add +1 attack per turn.

I've never heard of this thought, and know it's not some little tweak, but figured i'd throw it out there. :)

I can think of a few variations on this theme:

Take a bonus territory - get an immediate bonus army (or 2).

Take a territory - get a card

I think all of these would be somewhat obscure and rarely used designer options, but it's an interesting idea.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 7
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think it's a great idea as well...wonder how tough it would be to implement?

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

then it could lead to fortify bonuses too maybe. (not as cool an idea to me, but maybe someone else would like it)

5. #5 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

So all of these bonuses occur as soon as you take a territory?  You don't have to hold it until the next turn?  Could be interesting...

6. #6 / 7
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

So all of these bonuses occur as soon as you take a territory?  You don't have to hold it until the next turn?  Could be interesting...

that's the idea.  For some of these, return to attack or return to placement might need to be on, although really it would be better if these features were independent.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

that's a good point, hmmm. I think having to hold it would be cooler, but i could see both working.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)