189 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I think there are people on this site that place their units in the first minute of their turn and then wait until the last second to make a move?  Why are there people in this world that are so sadistic?  Anybody else deal with this?

The Real Rasputin

Evan

2. #2 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have wondered if this was happening on occasion.  My guess is there are some people who legitimately structure their playing time in 10 minute increments.  They take their move, do something for ten minutes (after all, ostensibly you could take 10 minutes to take your turn), then come back.  It's one of the reasons I don't play "Real Time" games.

Other time structures have been suggested, such as a chess-clock feature that gives you x minutes to make n turns. Tom has suggested that some of these are not easy to implement giving the restrictions of the Flash Player.   On the other hand, the notification system should make a difference.

Personally, I'd like to see a variable clock with a true "lightning" timeframe option  ..like 2 minutes.  Make all the moves you want/can in two minutes.  Use it or lose it.   Heck, at that timeframe you could play with no boots.  If a player walks away from the table, on most boards you could still probably finish them off in 30 minutes or so. 

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sun 20th Mar 22:48 [history]

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

yes, m57 i agree on the points that I would be tough to implement with the flash issue.  I can only hope that the notifications do their job.  But my big question is...do some people do it on purpose hoping that the opponent will get sick and tired, close the window and missed THEIR turn or even the game thinking that the slow player has already left?

4. #4 / 8
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RealRasputin wrote:

yes, m57 i agree on the points that I would be tough to implement with the flash issue.  I can only hope that the notifications do their job.  But my big question is...do some people do it on purpose hoping that the opponent will get sick and tired, close the window and missed THEIR turn or even the game thinking that the slow player has already left?

My imagination says yes, but that anyone who does this would not admit to it.

Originally, I stopped playing RT games because this behavior happened to me twice.  Now, I look for players I am familiar with before I join a RT game and lately I just haven't had any time.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

5. #5 / 8
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yea thank goodness for the usual player, but when i see someone i don't know, i swear it ends up 80 percent being a 22 minutes game, whether they don't know its lightning to begin with, or they just aren't good at life.

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to wake my girlfriend up to get me off the toilet, i dont have that strength yet, ill take wins as consolation 10 wins from both of you as consolation{#emotions_dlg.shakehead}

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member Rasputin
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

well that came out wrong but you know what i meant........HERE we go

8. #8 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

shit or get off the pot man...