226 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 27
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

No opening up Private Messages IMO, as some of them are Private.  It could be done outside of a game, but usually easier/more convenient inside a game.  Same with Team games, Team messages shouldn't be opened up either for similar reasons and for more Strategic reasons.

Yeah, no opening up Private Messages.. I talk shit about Yertle all the time and I don't want him to know about it.

2. #22 / 27
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BlackDog wrote:

No opening up Private Messages IMO, as some of them are Private.  It could be done outside of a game, but usually easier/more convenient inside a game.  Same with Team games, Team messages shouldn't be opened up either for similar reasons and for more Strategic reasons.

Yeah, no opening up Private Messages.. I talk shit about Yertle all the time and I don't want him to know about it.

You too?

Ahh ..but do you do it in your "messages to self"

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #23 / 27
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I am pretty sure it has been there for months, possible from the beginning.  To offer some solace, I only noticed it myself recently.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

4. #24 / 27
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

I am pretty sure it has been there for months, possible from the beginning.  To offer some solace, I only noticed it myself recently.

Months ya, probably closing in on a year, but not from the beginning.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

5. #25 / 27
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

I have to take credit for requesting that feature (I talk to myself a lot).

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #26 / 27
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I agree that Private Messages should not be shown once the game is over.

7. #27 / 27
    Standard Member Vacano
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Of the 1000+ games that I've played here, I've proposed less than a handful of truces, if even 1 or 2.  Also, I've only been proposed to a truce a relatively low number of times, which sometimes I agree or just ignore (thus decline).  That said, I think they can be a part of the game, but I play as if they are assumed rather than written out, meaning if someone has a huge lead we shouldn't be attacking each other and give the game to him.

I've found the best strategy to keep the "leader" close, but allow him to be ahead of you and look for the best time to strike.  This can reduce the number of truces but still give players someone (other than yourself) a target.

Also though, Fog games can be a bit different since it can take multiple players' views to see who needs to be attacked to be kept in line, so those should be played differently.

I didn't realize this thread got so many comments.  I hadn't looked at it since I posted. I was probably frustrated with an obvious partnership.  I thought it would email me or something.  Thanks for all the contribution.

Anyway, this comment was the most relevant for me.  I agree that alliances "assumed rather than written out" are smart and strategic.  I am glad that most of you had only short alliance tactics.  Yes I was more concerned with alliances from the beginning to the end.  Something that WF didn't track efficiently.

Thanks all

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)