Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

2. #2 / 9
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

If I had to venture a guess I would say that it is some way for AdamN to have all the players in a tournament because the only game that most of them is in is a tournament on Wargear Warfare.
    I guess if you just wanted to play and didn't want to wait for people to join it's a thing to do.
    I don't think he is using them like Cram and I used the hatebots on ToS but they should probably be monitored just to be sure.

Where's Hugh?

3. #3 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

They're for Private game use only - I set them up as a special request for someone.

4. #4 / 9
    Standard Member CiscoKid
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: They're for Private game use only - I set them up as a special request for someone.

Now that is CUSTOMER SERVICE {#emotions_dlg.thumb}

5. #5 / 9
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

And that is why I will forever be a paying customer here and not anywhere else!!

Thanks again Tom

6. #6 / 9
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Are those public profiles?

7. #7 / 9
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes they are public profiles - potentially there could be a different class of account, one which can only join Dev or Private games set up?

8. #8 / 9
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Different class of account is one way, but their might be others. There are people who might want to use accounts such as these whose main concern is privacy. For instance, they may want accounts for children to play without interference or any communication with the larger community. Others may simply want their conversations to be private. One thing you could do would be to hide the chat in any private games from public view, or at least create a user setting that lets players choose that option. I'm pretty sure as it stands now, I can access the chat from any game, public or private.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Thu 18th Nov 07:28 [history]

9. #9 / 9
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

One thing you could do would be to hide the chat in any private games from public view, or at least create a user setting that lets players choose that option. I'm pretty sure as it stands now, I can access the chat from any game, public or private.

I do think this is a pretty good idea, or at least someway to hide chat in Private games.  Currently if even in a Private game I'll use Private Messages if it's information I don't want to possibly be seen (ie email addresses or something).

I'm not entirely sure how it would work, whether a Host setting or just a click to hide button or something, but would kind of be nice for Private games to have some way of truly being more Private...without just jumping to the other end and forcing all Private games to be completely Private (ie it's nice to sometimes link to private games and everything should be seen).

Different class of accounts, ie Test accounts wouldn't be a bad idea, might even be nice if they were somehow linked to the Main account.  Like my Yurog account be a Test Account (ability to do everything a Standard account can except join Public Games/Tournaments) but be flagged to show that it is tied to Yertle...of course this would mean more possibilities of something not working right :p

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

Yertle: I really don't know what we'd be doing if tom didn't start WG
    Yertle: scary to think about :p
    RiskyBack: You'd have more kids and I'd have a real job, probably

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)