1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #21 / 59
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I added a 'Chain Mode' button so you can switch between border addition modes.

2. #22 / 59
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Red Baron wrote:

2. Put a number (or other symbol) where the number would be so I can tell if the number is placed correctly.

I thought about this as well, although it isn't too bad to create a scenario really quick with random numbers to test this.

3. #23 / 59
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Is there possibly a way that we could "Save and hide borders"? Meaning that you could save your map and hide the borders that you've already placed but continue placing borders or modifiers. It's really not the best solution, but with all the different types of borders I find that maps get quite cluttered with lines everywhere and I get confused. Stoopid Risky.
    Does anyone have a better idea for this? I usually print up my maps and do one territory at a time and then X it off on the paper but I'm making a HUGE epic map that I know is gonna look all fraked up when I add in the borders.

4. #24 / 59
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Red Baron wrote:

1. Omit white as a fill color. (Since I use white as the color to fill, I can't tell if the white ones got filled properly.)

2. Put a number (or other symbol) where the number would be so I can tell if the number is placed correctly.

White isn't actually a fill color - must be one of the lighter colors you're seeing I think?

Next major-ish update to the Designer that I'm planning is to allow the designer to set player colors, this should take care of this problem as Fill All will only fill with the colors you choose.

re: 2 - Maybe a 'Test Numbers' button which shows how the unit numbers will appear?

5. #25 / 59
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Is there possibly a way that we could "Save and hide borders"? Meaning that you could save your map and hide the borders that you've already placed but continue placing borders or modifiers. It's really not the best solution, but with all the different types of borders I find that maps get quite cluttered with lines everywhere and I get confused. Stoopid Risky.
    Does anyone have a better idea for this? I usually print up my maps and do one territory at a time and then X it off on the paper but I'm making a HUGE epic map that I know is gonna look all fraked up when I add in the borders.

Hmm this sounds kind of tricky (and confusing!) to do! I'll have a think about how I could do this...

6. #26 / 59
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Also I meant to post - there has been a small update to the Designer with a couple of changes:

1. Added option to turn board border in the Player on / off. This will be enabled in the upcoming Player release (which will also support board transparency ).
    2. Added security feature to block non-designers from viewing boards in the Designer.

7. #27 / 59
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Also I meant to post - there has been a small update to the Designer with a couple of changes:

1. Added option to turn board border in the Player on / off. This will be enabled in the upcoming Player release (which will also support board transparency ).

I see the option in the designer, but I don't see it taking effect. I take it the upcoming player release has not yet happened?

Nš®Ø¬µú+™êåÊIèÂv¬Eèœ

8. #28 / 59
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes that's right - still a few things to fix up in the new version of the Player.

9. #29 / 59
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Could we have the ability to share our design with someone through copying the link back. I don't want people changing them, but I do like getting peoples opinions on things as I am working on them. Since I have a bad habit of creating before really thinking, I often ask people in game messages to take a look at the graphics and tell me what they think or if I should change something. It also helps if we decide to collaborate on a map.

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

10. #30 / 59
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

So something like an option where you can delegate someone else with author rights to your board?

11. #31 / 59
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I don't think full delegation is necessary, though it would be pretty cool. I do want other people to be able to look in on my map while its in progress, though, if I send them a link.

Compromise is for when you're wrong and you know it.

12. #32 / 59
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

This has two pages worth of posts but doesn't display the page numbers on the Main Forum.

K now it does.  BUG!  When your Posts per Page =  That number + 1 you don't get the second page displayed until you click on the thread.

Yertle is here.
    Edited Tue 24th Nov 16:49 [history]

13. #33 / 59
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yeah, really all I want is to show the map to someone and allow them to look at the borders and stuff. Partially debugging but mainly just to ask "Hey, do you think I should do this or that?"

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

14. #34 / 59
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

A few small updates to the the Designer:

1. Added option to turn board border on / off
    2. Added option to define Player background color and turn transparency on / off
    3. Max continent bonus increased to +- 200

Note you should be able to change the board background, transparency and border settings even if the board is live!

Edited Thu 26th Nov 04:00 [history]

15. #35 / 59
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Great, thanks!

16. #36 / 59
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

great great great!

Compromise is for when you're wrong and you know it.

17. #37 / 59
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

More updates:

1. Disabled player panel
    2. Fixed bug when return key was not setting max territory units properly
    3. Added Select All and Select Multiple buttons to Territory and Scenario editor tabs
    4. Territories now show maximum units when on Territories tab
    5. New scenario type - Neutral Capitals - these are capitals which are defined as Neutral at the start of the game so they are waiting to be captured by players.

There is also a new Capital rule - 'Destroy unallocated capitals' - this is an on/off switch which sets whether or not capitals that are allocated to a seat that is not assigned to a player are destroyed or remain as capturable capitals.

There are also a couple of rules relating to player colors but these are not implemented in the game engine yet.

18. #38 / 59
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

I already posted but thought maybe I should put it here instead: I would like to request a "Snap to center" button. Most of my maps are analy aligned and i need someway to get there from here. Thanks!

19. #39 / 59
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So I've run into an interesting problem. I want to have a border be one-way attack in one direction, and fortify only in the other direction. However, when I try to do this in the board designer, it tells me a border already connects the two countries when I try to add the fortify-only border. Is there a way to allow multiple borders between two territories as long as they are in opposite directions? I can think of other instances where you might want to attack in one direction and view in the other, or fortify one direction and view the other.

20. #40 / 59
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Hmm, it's not possible at present but it's only a limitation of the Designer, the game engine will support it. I should be able to have an update to fix this by Monday.

How do you think Snap to center should work Severene - should it be based on the white dot thing?

I was thinking more along the lines of allowing export / import of territory vertices data, that way you could line up stuff offline and ensure it's perfect that way - this is great for symmetrical square maps but not so great for circular maps.

Edited Fri 27th Nov 17:50 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)