Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/24848

I think we should rename this subforum "General Chit-Chat" to give it a more welcoming/informal feel.

...and is a douchebag

2. #2 / 5
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

This is exactly the type of nuanced gameplay Krock had envisioned.

Longest innings. Most deadly.

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Indeed. I found the tactical use of the boot timer served as an excellent counterpoint to the original theme of the map vis-a-vis troop placements, graphics, and rule elements. I also found that the use of the lightning round added a subtle hint of oak and cherry blossom flavors, accentuating the natural sweetness of the bouquet in the scherzo. The finale was an exciting rondo, punctuated by a deceptive lack of melodic movement, which allowed the percussive harmony to rise forth and seize center stage.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

4. #4 / 5
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

This is why i would love to see the option for desighners to allow lightning games on their boards or disable lightning games.

I have a marathon map that is under review and i threw that suggestion out there in that game. The board has 300+ territories and is desighned for the 8-16 player games. basically a board that should never be played as a lightning game. http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/879

my other suggestion would be to change the length of time before a lightning game is terminated due to lack of players. it is a 15 min play timer then it should be a 15 min join timer as well. basically when a lightning game is created a 15 min timer starts, you have 15 min for some one to join or the game is terminated due to lack of interest. If someone joins with in the 15 min then the timer resets and you now have 15 min from the time the previous player joined.

Edited Tue 27th Jul 22:48 [history]

5. #5 / 5
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Lightning games are 10 minute turns.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)