226 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (20 in total)
  1. #41 / 391
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Great changes and thanks for the stat charts, I love seeing that I had a spike on the site about a month ago and it has been downhill since then. As always great work and I cannot wait to try out the scenarios.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

2. #42 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Awesome job with the enhancements and fixes!

tom wrote:

Still to do
    Board reviews - need to determine how to review a board with multiple scenarios
    Teamplay starting scenarios
    Designer - show that updates are blocked by scenario setting visually within the Designer

So these won't be available until after Simultaneous Play?  Mainly the Teamplay one is the one I'm curious about.

Edited Wed 18th Aug 12:25 [history]

3. #43 / 391
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Oh my stars and garters, these charts are like a dream come true. *swoon*

What about the time frame though? I'd like them to either be adjustable (probably too much work) or match up across the different charts - the 'Top Players' chart goes back like 2 months while the 'My Ranking History' chart goes back much further.

...and is a douchebag

4. #44 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The charts are super cool! Although the Top Players chart seems jumbled.
    Is it possible to just show the top 10 (maybe 15) players? (Boards like Castles, http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Castles/Ranking%20History seem overwhelming).
    It would be cool if the legend at the bottom had the current ranking beside the player's name and in order. Bonus for being able click on the names in the legend and the line associated to that player somehow highlights!

5. #45 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

For the My Ranking History tab, why are some of the Rows highlighted in Red and Bolded (seemingly Random)?
    That would be super cool if you could get to anyone's 'My Ranking History', ie so I could see that page for Norseman's or asm's wins/losses and thus get easily to their game list too.

6. #46 / 391
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Re: Scenarios: It looks like we can't create scenarios for Live boards.  Can I create them for later versions?  Also, right now I don't see any way to copy boards to make other versions or scenarios..    It's been a while since I've designed a board, but something seems missing. Wasn't there a button for that?

You have to copy the board to a new version, then you'll be able to create scenarios.

Yertle wrote:

So these won't be available until after Simultaneous Play?  Mainly the Teamplay one is the one I'm curious about.

Well unless everyone thinks they should come first. I haven't really thought about how much work is involved, probably not that much.

Yertle wrote:

Is it possible to just show the top 10 (maybe 15) players? (Boards like Castles, http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Castles/Ranking%20History seem overwhelming).
    It would be cool if the legend at the bottom had the current ranking beside the player's name and in order. Bonus for being able click on the names in the legend and the line associated to that player somehow highlights!

I'll add some buttons to customize the view a bit I think.

7. #47 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: For the My Ranking History tab, why are some of the Rows highlighted in Red and Bolded (seemingly Random)?
    That would be super cool if you could get to anyone's 'My Ranking History', ie so I could see that page for Norseman's or asm's wins/losses and thus get easily to their game list too.

The Red and Bold ones are the highs / lows.

Yes I agree it would be good to select a player - I'll add that as well.

8. #48 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Well unless everyone thinks they should come first. I haven't really thought about how much work is involved, probably not that much.

*shrug* I think Risky has had some ideas to utilize it, same with EN and others I think, I imagine it would depend on how much work it took (I guess I was kind of under the assumption that it was a part of the Scenario enhancements). 

Would definitely have to be there for Sim AnA!!!

9. #49 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote: For the My Ranking History tab, why are some of the Rows highlighted in Red and Bolded (seemingly Random)?

The Red and Bold ones are the highs / lows.

Ahhh, that's cool to know (didn't get that intuitively though).  I wonder if it would help if they were different colors, ie Green for High, Red for Low, maybe with a tool tip for that line that says High/Low, while it's the High/Low (if it changes over time).  Or just leave as is :p

10. #50 / 391
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I would like to have teams but I also want SimulPlay so which ever is easier.

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

11. #51 / 391
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    M57 wrote:

Re: Scenarios: It looks like we can't create scenarios for Live boards.  Can I create them for later versions?  Also, right now I don't see any way to copy boards to make other versions or scenarios..    It's been a while since I've designed a board, but something seems missing. Wasn't there a button for that?

You have to copy the board to a new version, then you'll be able to create scenarios.

That's the problem -- I don't have any copy buttons..

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

12. #52 / 391
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Creating a scenario will allow you to create it with a blank name field. Without a name you can't go in and edit the scenario.

In the end, all things are squishy.

13. #53 / 391
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

No.. I use to have a "copy" button.. What if I don't want scenarios? I just want a new board.. I can't even copy my live boards right now.

BAO alternative:

14. #54 / 391
    Deceit by Design Wallace Wishmaster
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

I have a few ideas that are waiting on team scenarios.  My vote is to hit that before Sim. if it is not too complex.  I assume that Sim. will take awhile.

15. #55 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote: No.. I use to have a "copy" button.. What if I don't want scenarios? I just want a new board.. I can't even copy my live boards right now.

I think it moved to the Actions column (far right column), right click on the Arrow and Copy should be present there.

16. #56 / 391
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    M57 wrote: No.. I use to have a "copy" button.. What if I don't want scenarios? I just want a new board.. I can't even copy my live boards right now.

I think it moved to the Actions column (far right column), right click on the Arrow and Copy should be present there.

Right clicking the actions area in IE8 displays the IE8 options menu or the picture options menu if you right click on the grey arrow.   Actions is not responding in a Wargearish way for us.

In the end, all things are squishy.

17. #57 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hmmm yep, Firefox works though :)

Chrome does NOT appear to work though.

Edited Wed 18th Aug 14:38 [history]

18. #58 / 391
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm getting nothing from firefox.  Actions is just an arrow icon.

BAO alternative:
    Edited Wed 18th Aug 14:49 [history]

19. #59 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Once you create a scenario, the base board effectively becomes just a data master, you can't actually start games directly on it any more, only on the different scenarios.

This essentially also means you will want to create a Scenario for your "basic" board right?

Is there a way to set a scenario as Default?  Or available for Ranked play or not (not too sure how well this would work since there is not the concept of non-Ranked non-Team Public games)?

20. #60 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The context menu in IE and Chrome should be working now - hit F5 to refresh the board.

There's no default scenario setting at the moment, I should probably add this! It's up to the board designer to clearly define what the scenario does in it's name - e.g. '4 Player Only Total Fog'. Yes you will create a scenario for the basic board effectively.

All scenarios count as ranked, they are all treated the same. I don't want to have the concept of non-ranked games as I think it's confusing

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (20 in total)