2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1234   (4 in total)
  1. #1 / 72
    Standard Member Magpie
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/5628

If you review the history, it becomes obvious that I was ganged up on.  On its own this isn't that unusual for 3 player games, but take a look at the account "Sergeant Sohn".  If you see his games list, every single game he was in also featured the other player in my game, "ObiWan Kenobi", most of these games "ObiWan Kenobi" won.  Seems like some collusion, no?

Ce n'est pas une Magpie
    Edited Mon 14th Dec 16:31 [history]

2. #2 / 72
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Glancing at just a couple games of Sohn, it looks like they do know each other (at least I assume), but Sohn has beat ObiWan, so I dunno :/
    Collusion, possibly if they know each (would kind of make sense wouldn't it?), but ObiWan and Sohn being the same person, I personally wouldn't draw that conclusion just yet.

Yertle is here.

3. #3 / 72
    Standard Member Magpie
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

That's not what I was suggesting necessarily (could easily be two people), but working together to improve win percentages at least, I just thought it was unusual.

Ce n'est pas une Magpie

4. #4 / 72
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Magpie wrote: That's not what I was suggesting necessarily (could easily be two people), but working together to improve win percentages at least, I just thought it was unusual.

Not sure if that's "against the rules" though is it?  (I say that because at Conquer Club it actually is against the rules I think.)  Not sure it should be either IMO.  Although it is good info to know that more than likely two people will be working together.

Yertle is here.

5. #5 / 72
    Standard Member Magpie
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Right, thats what I wanted to share. Definitely within the rules, but something to know (esp. for 3 player games :P)

Ce n'est pas une Magpie

6. #6 / 72
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I don't mind working to take down the leader - but I don't like playing working to exterminate the leader. I will work to exterminate two people who are allied just to increase their winning percentage with extreme prejudice.

If two people are working together from the first round (and nobody knows they are doing it) - I'll just throw out a random statistic here and say if they're smart, they'll be top 2 90% of the time.

I will foster discord among opponents, but I would never be proposing a permanent cease-fire, and I never use lies. I simply state the board as I see it.

I would hate to see someone manipulating win percentages by working with somebody from game to game.

One way that we can help help control this, without actually policing it, is to include a line directly on people's profiles is Top 3 Opponents ----------> Tom, Dick, Jerry. Make the names clickable links to see a history of those two players and who is winning which games.

Then you can see who makes it to the top positions, and how they play once they're the only 2 on the map.

7. #7 / 72
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Unfortunately this will only be an approach that a premium member can take as Standard Members have no access to the history of a game and are defenseless against analyzing what opponents have done in their current and previous games.

8. #8 / 72
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Still grinding that axe, eh? ;)

I think we're going to win that debate. I wouldn't worry about it too much - just give it a few days or a week to get into the next round of site updates.

EDIT: And to reply on topic, Magpie, I didn't look at the history, but if it is obvious that you were ganged up on from turn #1 in a 3-player game, I don't know if that's against the rules but it's definitely pretty underhanded. I think the justice of the masses eventually rules in that situation; if it happens consistently enough, people will leave messages on the offenders' profiles and over time they'll find it difficult to get into games.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree
    Edited Mon 14th Dec 22:24 [history]

9. #9 / 72
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I agree. Shady.

asm wrote:
    I agree

I second that.
    Edited Tue 15th Dec 16:41 [history]

10. #10 / 72
    Standard Member General Von Klinkerhoffen
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Magpie wrote:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/5628

If you review the history, it becomes obvious that I was ganged up on.  On its own this isn't that unusual for 3 player games, but take a look at the account "Sergeant Sohn".  If you see his games list, every single game he was in also featured the other player in my game, "ObiWan Kenobi", most of these games "ObiWan Kenobi" won.  Seems like some collusion, no?

Come on, this is cheating right? ObiWan and General Novak are laughing their asses of right now.

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/4806

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/5069

11. #11 / 72
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i don't see anything wrong with ppl working together. you get a couple of friends (maybe) that decided to get rid of the rest of the board before duking it out...

i've been on both ends and yeah it sucks when on the losing end, but i don't think there's anything that could be called shady or cheating.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

12. #12 / 72
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

General Von Klinkerhoffen wrote:

Come on, this is cheating right? ObiWan and General Novak are laughing their asses of right now.

Is this a joke?

I agree

13. #13 / 72
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote: i don't see anything wrong with ppl working together. you get a couple of friends (maybe) that decided to get rid of the rest of the board before duking it out...

i've been on both ends and yeah it sucks when on the losing end, but i don't think there's anything that could be called shady or cheating.

You see nothing wrong with 2 people starting a 3 player game and killing off the 3rd player?  Even 4 players if it's not obvious 2 people are working together they're likely to kill off both other players and then duke it out.  

Great, you get two people who have pre-game alliances who now have a 50% winning average in 3 and 4 player games, with no particular amount of skill involved.

Maybe weathertop sees no problem with friends working together, but I'm dissappointed that he's been one of those who are working with friends to suck the fun and opportunity from other players getting a fair chance to win a game.

14. #14 / 72
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:
    General Von Klinkerhoffen wrote:

Is this a joke?

Maybe he didn't realize his partner was booted?

15. #15 / 72
    Standard Member General Von Klinkerhoffen
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I guess I have mistakenly thought it to be a singleplayergame.

16. #16 / 72
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

HOGAAAAAAAAAAAN!

17. #17 / 72
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Hahaha.

Seriously, who makes Colonel Klink jokes these days?

18. #18 / 72
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote: Hahaha.

Seriously, who makes Colonel Klink jokes these days?

I know Noss-ing!!!

The Status is NOT quo

19. #19 / 72
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: HOGAAAAAAAAAAAN!

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

20. #20 / 72
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank