1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (12 in total)
  1. #1 / 240
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

If you see something odd happening, please stop playing and post a message here with a link to the game and what you think went wrong and so I can review what happened.

The engine only logs the orders from the last round executed so if you take another turn this information will be lost.

thanks!

2. #2 / 240
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

It appears that whoever goes 1st is getting an "Infinite Loop" error and then when you try to redo it says "It's not your turn dumbass" (nice coding with the dumbass, btw)

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/33963

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

3. #3 / 240
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

After I hit "Commit Orders" it left the buttons active in the player. I clicked out of the game and it was no longer my turn so I assume it accepted my orders.

4. #4 / 240
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Can the games list options have an icon added to indicate simultaneous play?

Sometimes you have to bathe the cat

5. #5 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Raptor wrote: Can the games list options have an icon added to indicate simultaneous play?

Well, the game options are currently only for options that you set when creating the game - i.e. they vary per game. Whilst Simplay will be a fixed setting for a particular board.

I'm not opposed to it but also not sure either way.

6. #6 / 240
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Raptor wrote: Can the games list options have an icon added to indicate simultaneous play?

Well, the game options are currently only for options that you set when creating the game - i.e. they vary per game. Whilst Simplay will be a fixed setting for a particular board.

I'm not opposed to it but also not sure either way.

Wouldn't it be similar to the Dev flag.  It would just be nice to know if a game is set up using a Simplay scenario without having to click on it from the list.  If not no big deal.  Thanks for your hard work.

Sometimes you have to bathe the cat

7. #7 / 240
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I seem to remember a certain upstart young player on ToS that used to play 1st & Risky a lot and he always put BAO in the title of his games.
    I think that guy went on to be the #1 player on that site before he left to create his own site. I think that guy would understand Raptor's suggestion.
    :^)

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

8. #8 / 240
    Soot and Poo Cumberdale
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/33965

another one frozen - i left it as is as soon as i got the message

9. #9 / 240
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I noticed after submitting my orders in a Simulplay game that the UI did not reload to show that it was not my turn. Once I refreshed the page it was fine though. Same problem Viper had I think. Using Firefox 3.6.11.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

10. #10 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Meetings nearly all day...you did that on purpose!!!

Current game reference: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/33964

• Hover over a border and they all appear to display D8% vs 0% and all are Green, except when attacking to a tray (which is 8% vs 8%).  No idea where/how those are being obtained or exactly what they mean.
    • Units drop down when attacking is from high to low instead of the norm low to high, feels odd to me.
    • Turn Order on the Rules>>Simultaneous Play tab displays: least_territorie
    • Board's Rule Page (Cumberdale's Bomb Factory) has no information on SimGear

That's all I think I have for now!

Awesome job!  I look forward to playing it more too!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

11. #11 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The Board Setting on the About tab of the Board Pages could/should hold the Gameplay of TurnBased/Simultaneous info as well.

Also I'll get cranking on a Help page for it soon (I gotta do Scenarios Help too and a few other minor changes as well I think).

12. #12 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yay!  More! Smile

The Review Orders Box needs to be expandable or needs to use two lines to display all information in the Order Details column for each row.  Right now it is easy for all the orders to look exactly the same for orders originating from the same territory, thus moving them Up/Down can look quite confusing.

==================

Also it appears as if moving them Up/Down in the Review Orders Box keeps the Order # row highlighted and keeps the attack line that is drawn on the board the same as that which was just moved down.  Clicking on the Row that the old order went to doesn't change the view on the board or the row highlighted.  That is a horrible explanation...

Maybe this will work:

Order 1: Attack A to B

Order 2: Attack C to D

Hit the button to move A-B down to Order 2.  A-B really does move down to Order 2, but Order 1 is still highlighted (even though A-B shows as the attack on the board).  Clicking on Order 2 now makes nothing happen (Order 1 still stays highlighted), clicking on Order 1 (which is really already highlighted) then changes the attack on the board to C-D and everything starts working correctly again.

This plus not being able to really see all of the Order Details is actually very difficult to see/explain, but I think that's what's happening :p.

==================

If you have no units available to Attack/Fortify with from a territory, should you be allowed to pull up the attack window at all?  Seems like if all those units are accounted for in attacks/fortifies going out then the options of places to Attack/Fortify shouldn't even be shown (much like if you only have 1 unit on a territory in Turn Based with Abandon Off, you can't click on it as if you were going to attack).

==================

No Turn Based Icon for Game Pages?!

==================

Should Clear Orders take you back to the Place tab?  (Perhaps it is okay that it doesn't, since that can really occur anytime during the Order Entry, but also seems logical to take you back there since that is still usually the "starting point" for Order Entry.)

==================

Haven't been able to see anything with Cards yet, or actual attacks, will play with that tomorrow hopefully!

==================

And last...

fi·na·lize

speaker.gif/ˈfaɪnthinsp.pnglËŒaɪz/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled [fahyn-l-ahyz] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA verb, -lized, -liz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    to put into final form; complete all the details of.
    –verb (used without object)
    to complete an agreement; conclude negotiations: We should finalize by the end of the week.
    Also, especially British , fi·na·lise .
    You silly British.

13. #13 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The 'infinite loop' error should be fixed now. I'll work on the other stuff as well.

ps shuddup Yertle!

Edited Fri 22nd Oct 08:03 [history]

14. #14 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

If you have no units available to Attack/Fortify with from a territory, should you be allowed to pull up the attack window at all?  Seems like if all those units are accounted for in attacks/fortifies going out then the options of places to Attack/Fortify shouldn't even be shown (much like if you only have 1 unit on a territory in Turn Based with Abandon Off, you can't click on it as if you were going to attack).

Yes you should... how else can you adjust down the number of units attacking from that territory? The only way is to clear all the orders and start again. Incidentally the blue lines denote those territories where there is an attack order in place.

Vataro wrote:

I noticed after submitting my orders in a Simulplay game that the UI did not reload to show that it was not my turn. Once I refreshed the page it was fine though. Same problem Viper had I think. Using Firefox 3.6.11.

This should have been fixed also - if not let me know.

15. #15 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Yes you should... how else can you adjust down the number of units attacking from that territory? The only way is to clear all the orders and start again. Incidentally the blue lines denote those territories where there is an attack order in place.

K that does make sense but what's the point of being able to pop-up the window to Attack/Fortify if you have no units that can do anything from that territory?  That or somehow denote all the units have been assigned (haven't looked too closely, but is there something indicating that?)

16. #16 / 240
    Soot and Poo Cumberdale
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

got to a second round on one of my bomb factory games - this is awesome!!!

17. #17 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

If a game is Fogged should the History show "Set seat order X,Y"? Maybe allowed under certain combos of Fog/Turn Order settings, but quite a few that should probably not be shown I would think.

What the flip is up with FireFox and the WikiPedia plugin thingy that keeps popping up in the Flash Player now?!?!?! Something about in computer programming, ? means blah blah blah!

I miss the dice, I can't tell if attacking is really working or not :p
    I also must condition myself to not look for the Apply button after placing my units :p

Edited Fri 22nd Oct 10:28 [history]

18. #18 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Buggish:
    Place Units on Terr A (go from 2 units to 6 units).
    Set Attack from Terr A to Terr B with 5 units (max).
    Go back to Place Units and Undo Units on Terr A (and place on Terr C).
    The Attack from Terr A to Terr B shows that there is something supposed to happen, but the Units field is blanked out.
    Attempt to Commit and get "Player does not have sufficient units to attack with 5 from tid 6"

Fix, uhhh seems hard without doing more of a "lockdown" between switching from Attack to Place. But allowing turn in of cards then place after setting Attacks seems like it would be nice.

19. #19 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So attacking with 2 to a territory defending with 2, if all troops are destroyed then original owner is kept with 0 units? Is that correct? Appears to be the way with Neutrals, curious if the same with players.
    Bit curious if anything different happens when it's a player's last territory (or capital) as well. Since it looks like the attacker actually does take over the territory for at least one history log turnid then the territory reverts.

20. #20 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Big Bug:
    You can turn in a single card at a time, which then super bugs out the Cards tab by duplicating (or something like that) your cards, then you can keep turning in...until Reload or Commit (which throws an error "You do not have sufficient cards to perform this trade"). Also looks like the number on the Place tab does not get updated after card turn in.

*edit* I think this also means that once you hit the Max Cards limit you can't actually complete your turn since turning in 1 at a time is incorrect and you are forced to turn in before allowed to Commit.

Edited Fri 22nd Oct 11:10 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (12 in total)