219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #21 / 43
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

No because last night it said that I was not the designer of the map but I swear, as Yertle as my wittness, I am the designer of the map!

I'll try again now, thanks tom

Where's Hugh?

2. #22 / 43
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

So I tried that on the Live version and it kept saying that I wasn't the designer and wouldn't let me add scenarios so I tried to add them both on the version that is not live and I could add the scenarios and import them but they both came up with the original 4 player map image with a change of rules but the multiplayer game.

Where's Hugh?

3. #23 / 43
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Which boardid is this?

4. #24 / 43
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Gear Wars: The Force Unleashed was the one that wouldn't work and Force Unleashed Multiplayer is the one that I tried to get work but couldn't

Where's Hugh?

5. #25 / 43
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Risky, to add the scenarios to a live board, you need to create a copy of the live board (new version), messed with the scenarios (what your trying or simply creating them) and then promote this new version with scenarios to live.  As far as I understand, very few changes can be made to the live version so that current games are not affected, and that this copy, update, promote sequence is almost always needed to make a change.  I apologize if I misunderstood and that you were trying to use this outer sequence along with the scenario import.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

6. #26 / 43
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ok, I got that but it's the importing/exporting that is not working for me.  I made a new version of the 2 player version, created 2 scenarios (Jedi Duel & 4player or 2v2) and then tried to import the exported file from the multiplayer version but it seemed to only change the number of players, the map stayed the same and all the territories and borders did too.

I would like this to work because it's a good feature and I would like to know if I am doing it correctly so I am not going to just remake the map and everything.

(Ok, I actually am not interested in the betterment of my understanding as much as I am the not wanting to do the borders and modifiers again)

Where's Hugh?

7. #27 / 43
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

never done the import / export thing, but I know ozyman is successfully creating boards using Python and then importing them into a blank board and everything works out, but I cannot be of any help here.  Sorry.

Edited Fri 3rd Dec 23:42 [history]

8. #28 / 43
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

He's feeding maps to a snake and that is getting it to work?  Wow, the internet never fails to amaze me!

Where's Hugh?

9. #29 / 43
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi Risky - you need to unlock all the settings - at the moment you are just inheriting all the base board settings. I fixed the bug about you not being the designer for the Live board but you can't change Live boards anyway.

10. #30 / 43
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've never played around with import/export for scenarios yet (hope to soon), but one thing to be aware of is that the import/export does not affect the map images.  You still have to upload those separately (and unlock the 'images' scenario setting).

11. #31 / 43
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I hate not understanding things!  I still can't get it to work.

Where's Hugh?

12. #32 / 43
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi Risky - try this

1. Export the 4 player board to XML
    2. Create the new scenario
    3. Unlock all the settings (click on the padlock icons in turn)
    4. Import the xml file into the scenario

I have tested and confirmed these steps work.

If this doesn't work then please try copying your 4 player board to a new version and repeat Step 1 to export the XML - it may be invalid XML export data.

Failing this please email the XML file to me and I'll try and import it!

Edited Mon 6th Dec 06:45 [history]

13. #33 / 43
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Would probably be good to be able to select which Scenario is to be played during the Review process.  I assume it's the first in the list (meaning alphabetical)?

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

14. #34 / 43
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

so is there a way to add a scenario to a board that is already live? the help FAQ for scenarios doesn't help much ;^)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Sat 12th Mar 23:51 [history]

15. #35 / 43
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop, create a copy of the board (new version), create scenario, then promote (test it out first of course).

16. #36 / 43
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

so is there a way to add a scenario to a board that is already live? the help FAQ for scenarios doesn't help much ;^)

That's me slacking,  I really keep meaning to make a separate Scenarios Help page, perhaps I should really do that this week.

You have to create a new Version like Alpha said and add Scenarios while in Dev phase.

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

17. #37 / 43
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

if you do, make it clear that you need to Right Click the arrow in the Actions column and "Copy", then Select "New Version", then add at least 2 scenarios; one your default version that's already been released and another that you can then play with. Also in order to play with the new version you need to click the appropriate section icon to 'unlock' it first...if you don't, at least it's here in the forums now.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Mon 14th Mar 11:32 [history]

18. #38 / 43
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

if you do, make it clear that you need to Right Click the arrow in the Actions column and "Copy", then Select "New Version", then add at least 2 scenarios; one your default version that's already been released and another that you can then play with. Also in order to play with the new version you need to click the appropriate section icon to 'unlock' it first...if you don't, at least it's here in the forums now.

sorry, thought about that stuff after the fact and haven't been on until now.

19. #39 / 43
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

no worries, i'm a smart boy and can figure some things out on my own.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

20. #40 / 43
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

Boooooo----yyyyaaaaaah! http://www.wargear.net/help/display/Scenarios

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)