3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Is it possible?  I'd like it to be.  Tom, did you make some kind of safeguard so players couldn't make bonehead moves?

..but we won't be happy until there is a "barren" designer feature.

2. #2 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think it should be available if 'with Retain' is enabled or if you have another capital (with a unit if without Retain), but any other setting you shouldn't be able to eliminate yourself via abandoning your capital...unless there is a change to where you can eliminate yourself (which could be a viable discussion too).

3. #3 / 6
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: I think it should be available if 'with Retain' is enabled or if you have another capital (with a unit if without Retain), but any other setting you shouldn't be able to eliminate yourself via abandoning your capital...unless there is a change to where you can eliminate yourself (which could be a viable discussion too).

It's basically a cutesy wave the white flag/I surrender button for a two player game.  It makes it so that you can lose gracefully without having to rack up surrender stats, which I don't really care for.

Sounds like it's not going to happen.

..but we won't be happy until there is a "barren" designer feature.

4. #4 / 6
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

There are safeguards so you can't eliminate yourself - same as you can't attack with your last unit if abandon is on.

5. #5 / 6
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It could use some tweaking. Right now you cannot abandon any capitol regardless of how many you have and what the abandon settings are.

I'm not sure what 'with Retain' means.

But anyway it would be nice if you could abandon a capitol if you have more than 1 and assuming the abandon settings allow it. Not extremely nice or even all that important, just... nice.

Where he keeps his liquor is a secret still.

6. #6 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:

I'm not sure what 'with Retain' means.

'with Retain' means if Abandon is On and you keep the territory when there are 0 units then you should be able to have 0 units (currently I think you have to keep 1 right?).  If the setting is not 'with Retain' (territory turns neutral immediately or at the end of the turn), then you shouldn't be able to abandon your capital.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)