227 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 22
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

With abandon off, artillery borders can attack a country down to 1 unit but not 0, correct?

I want each of 4 players to start a game with about 9~10 units in no particular starting spots.  I would be happy with 2 territories of 5 or 3 of 3 for each.  What settings do I need to accomplish this?

Limited attacks with multi on, the T or A button will attack until the attacker has 3 or 4 units left (assuming the defender does not die).

-John Hancock-

2. #2 / 22
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:

With abandon off, artillery borders can attack a country down to 1 unit but not 0, correct?

Down to 0, and can force to revert to neutral.  Play Duck Hunt noob.

3. #3 / 22
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I don't play Risky maps, they give me a headache.

Down to 0 is counter-intuitive and slightly disappointing but oh well. Neutral 0 then?

Edit: actually I guess it's pretty intuitive after all, no reason 1 unit should survive a shelling.

-John Hancock-
    Edited Thu 22nd Apr 14:17 [history]

4. #4 / 22
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:

Limited attacks with multi on, the T or A button will attack until the attacker has 3 or 4 units left (assuming the defender does not die).

3 (or 2 if Abandon Off or 2/1 if Abandon On), and you can T or A with 3 attacking units (couldn't do this on WF)

5. #5 / 22
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: I don't play Risky maps, they give me a headache.

Down to 0 is counter-intuitive and slightly disappointing but oh well. Neutral 0 then?

Yep, down to 0 Neutral

If you're really interested in Artillery borders, I think this is interesting too http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/467

6. #6 / 22
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Wait, 3 or:

2 if Abandon off or
    2/1 with abandon on...

so where does the 3 come in?

-John Hancock-

7. #7 / 22
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I read that artillery thread but it didn't actually answer the question, it just sort of left it up in the air with Cram arguing against 0 and others arguing for it. Also no indication of who retains control of a 0 territory, if/when it reverts to neutral or if that is/was the final answer =/

-John Hancock-

8. #8 / 22
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:

I want each of 4 players to start a game with about 9~10 units in no particular starting spots.  I would be happy with 2 territories of 5 or 3 of 3 for each.  What settings do I need to accomplish this?

Hmmmmm, depends on the size of your map perhaps?

But there are different Rules that could be utilized that include: Neutral Count, Initial Count By Player or Territory (ie Player instead of the normal Territory), or just have player's place their units.

I'm fairly certain there isn't a way in which one game it would be 2 territories of 5, and then the next 3 of 3 (without multiple starting scenarios/Rules).

9. #9 / 22
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: Wait, 3 or:

2 if Abandon off or
    2/1 with abandon on...

so where does the 3 come in?

Attacker has 5 vs defender of 3 and uses T/A, loses 2 on the attack and is left with 3 then the attack stops when abandon is Off.

10. #10 / 22
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Using T/A
    Abandon Off
    Attacker 5 Defender 2 ==> Attacker loses 1, Defender loses 1 ==> Attacker 4 Defender 1 ==> Attacker loses 1 ==> Attacker 3 Defender 1 ==> T/A attack Stops

A-5 D-3 ==> A loses 1, D loses 1 ==> A-4 D-2==> A loses 2 ==> A-2 D-2 ==> T/A attack Stops

Abandon On
    A-5 D-2 ==> A loses 2 ==> A-3 D-2 ==> A loses 2 ==> A-1 D-2 ==> T/A attack Stops

A-5 D-3 ==> A loses 1 D loses 1 ==> A-4 D-2 ==> A loses 2 ==> A-2 D-2 ==> T/A attack Stops

11. #11 / 22
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

If you have abandon off artillery borders take it down to 1
    If you have abandon ON artillery borders take it down to 0
    If you have retain ON and Abandon ON artillery borders will take it down to 0 but not change ownership of the territory.
    If you have retain OFF and Abandon ON artillery borders will take it down to 0 and it will revert to neutral whenever you have it set (end of turn or immediate)

11's, I won't invite you to any test games in the future, didn't know you felt that way.

The Status is NOT quo

12. #12 / 22
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:  Also no indication of who retains control of a 0 territory, if/when it reverts to neutral or if that is/was the final answer =/

0 territory due to Artillery border and Abandon, if Revert to Neutral is immediate then player who took him to 0 and forced the revert to Neutral gets the Elimination (and the bonuses).  Duck Hunt style.

0 territory due to Artillery border and Abandon, if Revert to Neutral is End Of Turn then the player who took him to 0 MUST go attack that territory with a single unit to get the elimination, if not then the player is "Eliminated" via the system at the end of the attacking player's turn and the Elimination/Bonus is "lost" to the system.  I think we've only seen this for EN's Pokemon map, but there's a thread on it and I believe this is the conclusion.

0 territory due to Artillery and Abandon, if Revert to Neutral is Never then the 0 territory remains owned by the original player defending and another player must take over the territory for the elimination.  Basic gameplay.

13. #13 / 22
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Ok so the answers are:

Correct.
    I dunno/figure it out yourself.

All that other verbiage and abandon on possibilities I could give a crap about, although I thank you for taking the time to enlighten me.

Risky I was joking. Please don't hate me.

-John Hancock-
    Edited Thu 22nd Apr 15:41 [history]

14. #14 / 22
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I know 11's, was just being a twit.

The Status is NOT quo

15. #15 / 22
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:

Ok so the answers are:

Correct.
    I dunno/figure it out yourself.

Ahhh, ya I think I misread question 1, I thought it was with abandon on.  So yes, Abandon Off, then you knock down to 1.

16. #16 / 22
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yipes, I'm finding it extremely difficult to add borders.. I can't click on territories because the borders already there are too fat and go over the top. Hmm.

-John Hancock-

17. #17 / 22
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Save your map and then reload and start again. It's a pain but that's how I do it.

The Status is NOT quo

18. #18 / 22
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: Yipes, I'm finding it extremely difficult to add borders.. I can't click on territories because the borders already there are too fat and go over the top. Hmm.

Save and reload or change view (ie go back to Territories), the old borders should now be "under" the territories.

19. #19 / 22
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I love you again Yertle.

-John Hancock-

20. #20 / 22
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I said the same damn thing! I no longer think you were kidding before!

The Status is NOT quo

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)