Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Here's the Board

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/875

Here's the Game:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/16029

Every thing was clicking along, so I Started to set up a scenario.  The things went completely haywire -- no colors, no fog. -- zeros all over the place.

I tried deleting the scenario.  I can't even get back to square one -- any suggestions?

In Scenario mode:

What does it mean when the country is blank?

What does it  mean when the country has a "+" sign?

I assume "allocated" means to a specific player.  I don't want that.

Once the "+" sign is gone, it seems impossible to get it back without resetting everything..

Edited Wed 21st Apr 20:11 [history]

2. #2 / 8
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

The + is pretty much just a placeholder for nothing. Sometimes nothing appears, literally, in its place. If you choose 'delete' and click around, you can make your + reappear. Both Blank and + mean the territory will be randomly assigned at game initialization.

Allocated does, in fact, mean that the territory has been assigned to a particular seat.

You're not doing anything wrong. If you lose the colors, save your map and then refresh the page. That should give it all back. If it doesn't, tom should show up sometime soon.

... danger zone! ...

3. #3 / 8
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Also note that if you make changes to a map while you are playing a game on it, those changes will be reflected in the game. Some changes, like adding or deleting territories, or, more specifically in this case: changing the scenario -- can really screw up your game, requiring a restart. I'm guessing that's what happened to your game.

... danger zone! ...

4. #4 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm pretty sure what you're looking at is a brand new game.. I won't really be able to get around to looking closer at it until the weekend.

Yeah, that would be great if Tom could take a quick look at it.    but at this point, I'm thinking it's me. I probably haven't put enough "frustration" time into it.

Edited Wed 21st Apr 22:11 [history]

5. #5 / 8
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M, you're probably the first advanced mapmaker to try to figure out this Designer, so I hope you put up with the frustration and keep at it, and keep us posted on how it's going, because it's incredibly valuable perspective. Most other people that make boards have "grown up" with this Designer so to speak as they were the ones making the suggestions in its development. So for you to come in as an experienced mapmaker and try to start from square one with the Designer can offer very good feedback on what can be improved/clarified.

It's a trap!

6. #6 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Here's a huge problem of your board, you currently have it set to Dual Layer which isn't needed for your current design. Change to Single layer and just upload your Board Image as you would on WF.
    If you want Dual layer then you need to "cut out" your territories from the Board Image and place only those on the Fill Image.

Your Fog image looks fine and should be working once you fix the Layer problem.

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I tested what I just said, and I think just changing it from Dual Layer to Single layer will fix your problem. You'll be able to see your Scenario and the Game will be able to function correctly (will require you to hit Restart just so you get the new starting Scenario).

If you do want Dual Layers, then you will have to "cut out" your territories on your Board Image and then place your texture image there (on your Board Image) and adjust the Transparency/Opacity of the territories (still on the Board Image). Then your Fill Image will be just like you currently have.

8. #8 / 8
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: Here's a huge problem of your board, you currently have it set to Dual Layer which isn't needed for your current design. Change to Single layer and just upload your Board Image as you would on WF.
    If you want Dual layer then you need to "cut out" your territories from the Board Image and place only those on the Fill Image.

Your Fog image looks fine and should be working once you fix the Layer problem.

Thanks for the help.  You're right. I took out Dual Layer Mode and everything still works fine. (Clearly, I need to figure out what "Fill Image" is really suppose to do).  My problem was that I was getting weird unit counts in all the wrong places, even when I set everything to 3.  Turns out, you have to change the Starting Scenario from "Random" to Scenario Based" in the Rules Tab.  DUH!  Kind of like going through 17 steps including reinstalling the driver three times before you finally give up and call the IT person, who walks in the door and plugs in your printer.  Not that anything like this has ever happened to me ...cough.

Edited Thu 22nd Apr 16:32 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)