Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #21 / 43
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Broaching a sensitive topic here but..

Re: Two accounts.. As a potential developer who's trying to figure out how some of these cool things like dual layers work, it would be incredibly more convenient for me to just open another account and test play my completely unworkable first attempts.  I have read somewhere that Dev games count for nothing and can be terminated at any time, which would be my intent.  I certainly don't want to inconvenience play-testers with my incompetence.

Thoughts? Comments? A slap on the wrist for even mentioning it?

Edited Mon 19th Apr 10:01 [history]

2. #22 / 43
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What in the world did you do to your post M57 :P

(Tried to fix it, hopefully I didn't delete anything)

Edited Mon 19th Apr 10:01 [history]

3. #23 / 43
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Re: Two accounts.. 

I have a second account (Yurog) just to test Fill and layering or to make sure I understand some Rule correct.  Anything beyond playing private Dev games with both accounts I think probably crosses the line (even playing both "separately").  Dev games don't count towards anything (no stat changes except for a Board's Games Played count I think), although Public Dev games can be seen in the Games List of a board.

4. #24 / 43
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    M57 wrote:

Re: Two accounts.. 

I have a second account (Yurog) just to test Fill and layering or to make sure I understand some Rule correct.  Anything beyond playing private Dev games with both accounts I think probably crosses the line (even playing both "separately").  Dev games don't count towards anything (no stat changes except for a Board's Games Played count I think), although Public Dev games can be seen in the Games List of a board.

Yep I've got no problem with that - as long as the accounts never appear together in a public game. At some point I'll implement a play testing system for developers which will allow them to play as each player in one of their own test games.

5. #25 / 43
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Whew! Thanks.. I was going to have to do it anyways and risk (no pun intended) getting banned for life..

6. #26 / 43
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Yep I've got no problem with that - as long as the accounts never appear together in a public game. At some point I'll implement a play testing system for developers which will allow them to play as each player in one of their own test games.

That would be amazingly helpful. We should start a thread to discuss how such a play-testing system should work (unless it's already been started?).

7. #27 / 43
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:
    tom wrote:

That would be amazingly helpful. We should start a thread to discuss how such a play-testing system should work (unless it's already been started?).

Definitely!   It makes the dual-account rule less, shall we say, open to interpretation.  I'll gladly turn in the scumbag who opened a second account in my name (Wait, ..that might be me!) when that developer tool appears.

Edited Mon 19th Apr 10:30 [history]

8. #28 / 43
    Standard Member wurzel133
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

how does the site stand on someone not in a game trying to manipulate players in a game to gang up on another player?

If that makes sense

9. #29 / 43
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kibitzing? Cool! How?  By e-mail? Instant message?

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Wed 12th Jan 16:14 [history]

10. #30 / 43
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

on someones wall

11. #31 / 43
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I could see that happening in a tournament - encourage everyone to gang up on the leader so the rest has a chance to win the tournament, that sort of thing. Not something I partake in personally, but, if it's acceptable to go into "crab mode" in a game, I don't see why it wouldn't be acceptable to pull that in a tournament.

Outside of a tournament, I really don't see any compelling case for doing this, nor do I see a compelling case to honor such a request.

asm and RiskyBack wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

12. #32 / 43
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I think if you are going to do that you should invest in a premium membership and use private messages! I mean do it right and support the site at the same time!

I can think of one other reason Oatworm.... if you have a personal vendetta. Someone you really don't like that you just can't stand to win even if you aren't even in the game. That could be a reason!

13. #33 / 43
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

wurzel133 wrote:

how does the site stand on someone not in a game trying to manipulate players in a game to gang up on another player?

If that makes sense

There's nothing in the terms and conditions against this - negotiation with other players is considered  part of the game as long as it is not abusive in any way.

14. #34 / 43
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

AdamN wrote:

I think if you are going to do that you should invest in a premium membership and use private messages! I mean do it right and support the site at the same time!

I can think of one other reason Oatworm.... if you have a personal vendetta. Someone you really don't like that you just can't stand to win even if you aren't even in the game. That could be a reason!

i havent done it, i have had it done to me
     i just found it a bit childish and pathetic

15. #35 / 43
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    wurzel133 wrote:

If that makes sense

There's nothing in the terms and conditions against this - negotiation with other players is considered  part of the game as long as it is not abusive in any way.

thanks

16. #36 / 43
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

wurzel133 wrote:

For the most part I would agree with this.  A player trying to get others to gang up on another when they are not in the game sounds annoying.

An exception or two, I think Oat has a good point where it may be more strategizing as in a Tournament or possibly a board ranking, but probably still on the annoying side but the difference would be strategy rather than being a jerk. For example I would definitely be okay if everyone attacked you on Risk vs Reward even if I'm not in the game since you have a high rating {#emotions_dlg.razz} (jk...kind of)

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

17. #37 / 43
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

wurzel133 wrote:
    AdamN wrote:

i havent done it, i have had it done to me

Sorry my humor is sometimes hard to get. It was clear to me that you were a target and I was joking while referring to someone who might like to gang up on you but in no way was I taking sides. Sorry if that didn't come across. It was just my attempt at humor!

Cheers.

18. #38 / 43
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    wurzel133 wrote:

For the most part I would agree with this.  A player trying to get others to gang up on another when they are not in the game sounds annoying.

An exception or two, I think Oat has a good point where it may be more strategizing as in a Tournament or possibly a board ranking, but probably still on the annoying side but the difference would be strategy rather than being a jerk. For example I would definitely be okay if everyone attacked you on Risk vs Reward even if I'm not in the game since you have a high rating {#emotions_dlg.razz} (jk...kind of)

it was risk and reward it didnt work, but i still lost the game played it badly

19. #39 / 43
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Does this seem like a big, steaming load of BS to anyone else?

Purple and green have hardly attacked each other from the very start, except some necessary continent-securing attacks. For the past two turns, they haven't broken major continents despite having common borders with one unit each.

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/50711

20. #40 / 43
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Looks like they didn't want you joining their game.   Not a very appropriate response in my book, but I suppose they are allowed to do it.  I just made them enemies so I don't accidentally join their games.

Actually, the more I think about it, they should have made it a private game.  What they did is against policy.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Tue 22nd Feb 20:37 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)