228 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 13
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

when I try to upload an image the GUI just sits there "uploading".  I've tried chrome and FF

2. #2 / 13
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

If the game is submitted or live it won't allow you upload a new image. If you haven't added anything to it yet, try deleting the board and trying again.

3. #3 / 13
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

it's a copy of a live board, but isn't live. I'm trying to make a "hordes" version of bear river. I really don't want to delete it and start over. It's a shitload of clicking to set up a hordes map.

4. #4 / 13
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

If you email me the image I'll try for you - [email protected]

5. #5 / 13
    Premium Member blackJack
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

got it to work. Glad it was just me. :)

6. #6 / 13
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

I have this problem at work btw because I use Ubuntu. I have to wait till I get home on XP and upload stuff. I see you got it to work though. Just saying.

7. #7 / 13
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

blackJack wrote: It's a shitload of clicking to set up a hordes map.

I remember that 11s wrote a Hordify script for WF -- would it be hard to implement that here?

8. #8 / 13
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cram asked for that too, dunno if there was ever a response though (as I think it was part of a different topic).

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

9. #9 / 13
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

On a related topic, I've also noticed that you can't upload an animated GIF from the Macintosh (which I frequently do for card sets).  The identical file will upload using Windows Vista, and regular GIFs upload with no problem from the Mac.  It's not a big issue for me since I have both kinds of systems, but I thought it was curious that such a thing would be OS dependent.

10. #10 / 13
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

That is a bit weird... unfortunately I don't have access to a Mac for testing.

re: the Hordify script - I'm pretty sure that a Hordify script wouldn't work because the map editor is Flash based though IRoll11s would know more than me about that. It is on my ToDo list just quite far down :)

11. #11 / 13
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I'm running into this issue as well on my Ubuntu laptop. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot this.

One thing that you probably know is that *nix file systems (i.e. the kind used by OS X and various shades of Linux) is that it uses a forward slash for directory delimiters (e.g. /home/Oatworm/somefile.png instead of \Users\Oatworm\Pictures\somefile.png). Not sure if that helps at all, but, if it does, sweet.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

12. #12 / 13
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Oatworm wrote: I'm running into this issue as well on my Ubuntu laptop. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot this.

One thing that you probably know is that *nix file systems (i.e. the kind used by OS X and various shades of Linux) is that it uses a forward slash for directory delimiters (e.g. /home/Oatworm/somefile.png instead of \Users\Oatworm\Pictures\somefile.png). Not sure if that helps at all, but, if it does, sweet.

I like that, it sounds simple enough that it's probably the problem.

As far as hordify, it's something I would be willing to attempt.  I feel your pain, as my first map I decided to go hordes.  It's not so much the clicking, it's the fact you have to be super careful anal retentive to make sure you get them all.

So tom I'll leave that up to you, I would be willing to set up a Flash dev environment on my machine. (assuming it wouldn't cost me a zillion $.. or any $ for that matter =).  Just enough to write the actionscript required for it, I don't really have any desire to learn how to write UI elements in Flash.

-John Hancock-

13. #13 / 13
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Sure if you really fancy it - you can download a 60 day eval of Flash Builder 4.0 from the Adobe site for free.

Alternatively rather than learn a whole new dev environment I should be able to adapt the JS hordify code to AS3 pretty easily, the languages are very similar.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)