227 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Premium Member Great Red Hype
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

There should be an option to save a created game profile. So for common games a player likes to create (EGx for me - 6 player total fog Invention one day turns) they can simply hit a single button and the game is created. Perhaps it already contains a name and then a time stamp is automatically added to make it unique. The common game profiles could be added and deleted at will.

I can hit a single button to place a saved order at Chick Fil A and its keeps me coming back. We are all busy.

I think this could significanty boost the number of new games being created and eliminate potential human erros. (Meant to start a one day turn, forgot to set it and its three day)

Thanks,

GRH

2. #2 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

How would this look? Minimally I think it would create yet another (save) button with a description on an already long and crowded (and already complicated enough for some) New Game page.' Not to mention it would probably require an additional pull down menu for players to access their saved profiles.

I do think it's a good idea, but to be fair there have been many other good suggestions for that page over the years ..but over those same years there has arisen a consensus that keeping the Create Game page as simple as possible needs to be a high priority, and as you might guess, I'm old-school on the issue. Of course, it's not my decision. Tom ultimately makes these calls and he keeps an eye on these threads and looks for consensus opinions when it comes to site design.

3. #3 / 6
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

It could simply be an option that can be ignored by choice. If there game creator did not want to save the game profile there would be no additional action required. The button could be ignored. Other users that wished to save a common game profile would have the option to save it.

A pull down menu that would then automatically fill the option in would be an elegant way to do this. Then the creater simply hits create or can easily make adjustments if necessary and or save a new game profile if adjustments are made.

Its seem like a huge time saver. Additionally this would be really beneficla for those on mobile devices. Its quite challening to create games that way.

4. #4 / 6
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

It could simply be an option that can be ignored by choice. If there game creator did not want to save the game profile there would be no additional action required. The button could be ignored. Other users that wished to save a common game profile would have the option to save it.

A pull down menu that would then automatically fill the option in would be an elegant way to do this. Then the creater simply hits create or can easily make adjustments if necessary and or save a new game profile if adjustments are made.

Its seem like a huge time saver. Additionally this would be really beneficla for those on mobile devices. Its quite challening to create games that way.

5. #5 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think it's a good idea, but also think it's unlikely Tom will implement it.

Not ideal, but I bet there is a way to do this outside of wargear. Check out this discussion that I think is relevant:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5119861/record-http-form-posts-via-a-browser

I wonder if an enterprising web developer would be interested in making a wargear extension for chrome or firefox.

For example for github you can install an extension to add additional functionality to the website (like this one https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/github-browser-extension/mnbljefdmmfpeminkgdmpdocfifgbdhe).

6. #6 / 6
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I've long wanted things like this. Maybe a page of "favorites".

I also would like an easy option to re-create a game that just ended.

But, agree with Ozyman that we are unlikely to get such from tom.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)